Sign in with
Your question

Asus p8z77-m pro

Last response: in Motherboards
July 28, 2012 5:58:37 PM

Hello,
i am going to build my fisrt machine due to my last one dieing on short notice. I am going budget build and i really like this features of this MOBO i am really just trying to find out if this board is really problematic or if its a solid board with only a few bugs if any. i am going with 8GB gskill sniper 1600 memory and an ivy bridge core i 5 3470 i am gonna reuse my coolermaster case with 380 watt power supply. any thing i should be worrying about

More about : asus p8z77 pro

a b V Motherboard
July 28, 2012 6:18:59 PM

Reliability wise these are new boards, I don't expect a lot of problems since there doesn't seem to be a hoard complaining about the Z68 series just one generation older that are similar to the Z77s electrically and mechanically.

These are very well reviewed boards, I know you can't tell long term reliability wise from a few initial reviews, but for what its worth...

Your PSU will work fine unless you decide to stuff in a really power hungry GPU afterwards. Although the coolermaster power supplies that comes bundled with their cases are not as good in quality as what Antec bundles with their cases. But that's a minor investment should you need it.
m
l
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 216 V Motherboard
July 28, 2012 9:38:54 PM

Just make sure that the motherboard has BIOS version 1016 or later flashed to it before you install the Core i5-3470.
m
l
July 29, 2012 6:21:30 PM

thanks you guys gonna order the stuff today hope it all works well
m
l
!