Sign in with
Your question

IGP motherboard performance

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 27, 2011 7:52:09 PM

Hey guys!
I recently purchased a asus 890gtd pro usb3 motherboard that has an onboard radeon 4250.

I've decided to pick up a new dedicated one (6850 toxic) and install that, disabling the onboard.

My question is will the 6850 perform worse on a motherboard with an igp than it would on say a board without igp?

I do realize I have limited my crossfire abilities (which I won't be doing anyways) but have I also reduced the performance of my computer because of the igp using system resources?

Do i get all the resources back once I put in my dedicated gpu? Or will I not notice much of a difference? Thanks!
a c 169 U Graphics card
a c 135 V Motherboard
May 28, 2011 6:05:17 AM

Hello and welcome to the forums
Using your card on a board with an onboard GPU will offer the exact same performance of if you use it on a board with no onboard GPUs because when you have to disable the onboard GPU so there will be no difference at all.
And you really haven't limited your CF options because your board has 2 PCI-E slots so you can add another 6850 later on
m
l
a b U Graphics card
May 28, 2011 11:05:01 AM

Maziar is right, you don't need to worry. You might only lose performance if you used Hybrid CF with this GPU and your IGP or it just might not work, because it's meant for low-profile cards.
m
l
!