Laptop bios

Last response: in Laptop General Discussion
Share
July 28, 2005 12:21:30 AM

Hi all I just tried to install a DLINK Air Plus DWL-650+ wireless networking
card in my fujitsu p133 lifebook after installing win 98 se and its telling
me that I need to upgrade the bios as the bios wont "allocate" to the new
hardware. Anybody know where a good place to look for the bios update would
be? I checked the fujitsu website but no luck so far.

Thanks for any info.

More about : laptop bios

July 28, 2005 4:45:37 AM

noway <noway@noway.net> wrote:
: Hi all I just tried to install a DLINK Air Plus DWL-650+ wireless networking
: card in my fujitsu p133 lifebook after installing win 98 se and its telling
: me that I need to upgrade the bios as the bios wont "allocate" to the new
: hardware. Anybody know where a good place to look for the bios update would
: be? I checked the fujitsu website but no luck so far.

: Thanks for any info.

Did you in fact find a support/downloads page for your laptop on the
Fujitsu website, but it had no BIOS update? Or did you just find no
Fujitsu support for it. Your laptop is pretty old, so I wouldn't be
surprised if they have stopped supporting it.

I'd go to the D-Link website also as there may be another solution to
this problem besides a BIOS change (which may not fix the problem in
any case). It sounds like the card needs an interrupt but it can't
get one from Windows.

Andrew
--
----> Portland, Oregon, USA <----
July 28, 2005 4:45:38 AM

"Andrew" <usenetMYSHOES@bizaveMYSHOES.com> wrote in message
> noway <noway@noway.net> wrote:
> : Hi all I just tried to install a DLINK Air Plus DWL-650+ wireless
> networking
> : card in my fujitsu p133 lifebook after installing win 98 se and its
> telling
> : me that I need to upgrade the bios as the bios wont "allocate" to the
> new
> : hardware. Anybody know where a good place to look for the bios update
> would
> : be? I checked the fujitsu website but no luck so far.
>
> : Thanks for any info.
>
> Did you in fact find a support/downloads page for your laptop on the
> Fujitsu website, but it had no BIOS update? Or did you just find no
> Fujitsu support for it. Your laptop is pretty old, so I wouldn't be
> surprised if they have stopped supporting it.
>
> I'd go to the D-Link website also as there may be another solution to
> this problem besides a BIOS change (which may not fix the problem in
> any case). It sounds like the card needs an interrupt but it can't
> get one from Windows.
>
> Andrew
> --
> ----> Portland, Oregon, USA <----
> ----> http://www.bizave.com <---- Photo Albums and Portland Info
> ----> To Email me remove "MYSHOES" from email address

After (much) digging I fount this link
http://www.computers.us.fujitsu.com/www/support.shtml?s...
the problem is that my wireless card uses "cardbus" which is unsupported in
the 530T lifebooks. Anybody know where I can find a non cardbus pcmcia
802.11b card?

Thanks again

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
July 28, 2005 5:49:17 AM

"noway" <noway@noway.net> wrote in message

> "Andrew" <usenetMYSHOES@bizaveMYSHOES.com> wrote in message
> > noway <noway@noway.net> wrote:
> > : Hi all I just tried to install a DLINK Air Plus DWL-650+ wireless
> > networking
> > : card in my fujitsu p133 lifebook after installing win 98 se and its
> > telling
> > : me that I need to upgrade the bios as the bios wont "allocate" to the
> > new
> > : hardware. Anybody know where a good place to look for the bios update
> > would
> > : be? I checked the fujitsu website but no luck so far.
> >
> > : Thanks for any info.
> >
> > Did you in fact find a support/downloads page for your laptop on the
> > Fujitsu website, but it had no BIOS update? Or did you just find no
> > Fujitsu support for it. Your laptop is pretty old, so I wouldn't be
> > surprised if they have stopped supporting it.
> >
> > I'd go to the D-Link website also as there may be another solution to
> > this problem besides a BIOS change (which may not fix the problem in
> > any case). It sounds like the card needs an interrupt but it can't
> > get one from Windows.
> >
> > Andrew
> > --
> > ----> Portland, Oregon, USA <----
> > ----> http://www.bizave.com <---- Photo Albums and Portland Info
> > ----> To Email me remove "MYSHOES" from email address
>

> After (much) digging I fount this link

http://www.computers.us.fujitsu.com/www/support.shtml?s...
win98_500series#520dt530t531t535tx555tx565tx585tx
> the problem is that my wireless card uses "cardbus" which is unsupported
in
> the 530T lifebooks. Anybody know where I can find a non cardbus pcmcia
> 802.11b card?
>

> Thanks again

I'm sure that there are many brands that will work - I have a Belkin card as
well as an Intel card. The intel is out of production.

You can find information about the Belkin card at their web site -
http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merc...
01523&pcount=&Product_Id=122691

If you're near a store like CompUSA, MicroCenter or even Best Buy, they sell
non-CardBus version of cards.

Hope this helps.
!