Fps horrible on tf2 with 6850?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bret

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2010
Hi, I currently have an xfx 6850 and runs every game perfect. I also have an amd 1055t 6 core. But, when i try to play tf2 the fps is horrible! i dont understand! The game is 3 years old! I run Bfbc2 on maxed settings with all filters maxed at about 60fps average, and that games is way more demanding. Ive seen people with dual cores and way worse graphics cards but the have way better fps. it gets down to 30 alot of the time when there are only a couple of enemy's on screen. I have updated all the drivers.

Full Specs:
AMD 1055t
XFX 6850
4gb 1333mhz ddr3
lsp550 550w psu
m4a88t-v evo usb3

Solution
This is a common software problem relating to either drivers or the game it's self. Ask other owners of the 68x0 series card that play this game if they have similar problems. Beyond that there isn't much to be done. Have you gone through forums asking around besides thg?
This is a common software problem relating to either drivers or the game it's self. Ask other owners of the 68x0 series card that play this game if they have similar problems. Beyond that there isn't much to be done. Have you gone through forums asking around besides thg?

Solution

viper_69

Distinguished
May 24, 2011
try to under clock for your old games in most cases its your card is too good to run that old game....+ the 6 core is not a gaming cpu...granted it is a great cpu but the most recent games coming out are just gettin into using 4 cores.... Im hearing also that if clocked right a dual core will even out preform a quad core in most games

bret

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2010
yeah i know that most games barley use 4 cores. i got the six because i edit videos, but besides that it is still absurd that it cant handle medium when on all the other source games i get amazing performance, like over 300 fps on half llife 2 and 100-200 on half life 2 episode 2. also tf2 = team fortress 2 bystander.

Status
Not open for further replies.