Kodak 7330 or HP R607?

Last response: in Digital Camera
a b α HP
March 20, 2005 3:44:04 AM

This is gonna be my first digital camera. My friend has the Kodak 7330
which she likes alot. It's a 3.1 camera and will probably do what I want.
However, the movie format is MOV which I don't care for.

I also looked at the HP R607. It's a 4.1 and plays MPEG format. I like the
compact size too.

Anyone have an overall recommendation between the two?

More about : kodak 7330 r607

Anonymous
a b α HP
March 22, 2005 4:30:22 PM

Greetings Bud,

The camera in question is a good one and should serve you well. Depends on
what you want to do with your camera. If it is to do general picture taking
etc. then I would consider your friends camera. There are a lot of others,
however, and the EasyShare process is pretty good at making things simple.
I would, however, consider what you want to do now but also what you think
you may want to do in the future as well. Having a good system that will
take you into future interests will let you use your camera longer. Anyway,
I would visit local dealers where the models you are considering are on
display try them out. If you have or can borrow a memory card take it along
and capture the images on it. You can then take them home to review the
quality.

The .mov file format is quite universal (apple quicktime) and can be used on
many players. Quicktimes Pro Version has a version that will let you export
or save the file as another format if you like. .mov files play without
interruption in the Kodak EasyShare software.

Talk to you soon, Bud, let me know if you have any questions.

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company

"Bud Light" <budlight@email.invalid.com> wrote in message
> This is gonna be my first digital camera. My friend has the Kodak 7330
> which she likes alot. It's a 3.1 camera and will probably do what I want.
> However, the movie format is MOV which I don't care for.
>
> I also looked at the HP R607. It's a 4.1 and plays MPEG format. I like
the
> compact size too.
>
> Anyone have an overall recommendation between the two?

Anonymous
a b α HP
March 22, 2005 8:53:09 PM

Thanks for the help Ron.