Do I Need To Be Worried?

Bellcross

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2011
ill start from the begining, a friend gave me a built pc been working perfectly aside from every once in a wile it shut down on its own or didnt wanna start up giveing a error, so one day i reinstalled windows, never had that issue again, only problem is windows didnt download the necessary drivers from sound and video, well i took a shot in the dark and got a RealTec driver i was right, but i didnt know the video card, so i opened it up, took out the video card to look, after i got the info i put it in and turned it on, when all of a sudden it didnt boot up just fans and blank screen, i ended up fixing that itself by resetting the bios via taking out the battery, but now i see on the ASUS HDD adapter the red LED light stays on. is that normal i mean i didnt look at the insides when it was working perfectly, the adapter i believe is plugged in right

edit*

forgot to add the pc starts up and works as is, just that red LED keeps nagging me making me think that isnt normal but thats why im here asking

Solution
first up, run some tests on your hardware to confirm the hardware is aok - cutting out/startup issues points to overheating/thermal protection (cpu hsf not installed correctly) or a bad/generic PSU

as for drivers - check on the manufacturers website
first up, run some tests on your hardware to confirm the hardware is aok - cutting out/startup issues points to overheating/thermal protection (cpu hsf not installed correctly) or a bad/generic PSU

as for drivers - check on the manufacturers website

Solution

Bellcross

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2011

ill take a look it should have enough to cool it with whats built in tho it ould be over heating seeing as it has a Thermaltake TR2 W0070RUC 430W ATX12V V2.2 Intel Core i7 Compliant Dual 80mm Fans Full Cable Sleevings Power Supply, but it has enough fans for airflow in front back and the norm fans on the board itself, but ill take a look its possable that its a issue with the thermal paste ill take a look. ill also run some tests to see whats what, thanks for the suggestions