Sign in with
Your question

Unable to screw back the motherboard fan

Last response: in Motherboards
July 29, 2012 4:01:20 PM

am unable to screw back the fan of the motherboard. plz help.....................
a b V Motherboard
July 29, 2012 4:36:47 PM

What MB, What fan? You must give the details to get help. A picture would help. In general if it came off it will go back on. Do not force or try to push anything. Do provide more info. and details.
July 30, 2012 4:23:46 AM

Dogsnake said:
What MB, What fan? You must give the details to get help. A picture would help. In general if it came off it will go back on. Do not force or try to push anything. Do provide more info. and details.

mine is an ASUS MB. The fan on the processor(which is combination of fan and heat sink), i opened it with screw driver, and now i am unable to screw it back to the processor. there are 4 screws, m not able to screw them back as m not getting any holding thread of those screws........
Related resources
July 30, 2012 4:26:05 AM

Mine is an ASUS MB. The fan on the processor(which is combination of fan and heat sink), i opened it with screw driver, and now i am unable to screw it back to the processor. there are 4 screws, m not able to screw them back as m not getting any holding thread of those screws........
a b V Motherboard
July 30, 2012 3:36:12 PM

What model MB and processor. Are you talking about the stock cooler for an Intel processor? You really need to give details when you ask for help. Why did you unscrew it? Did you lift the cooler off the processor. You may have to reapply the thermal paste if you did.
!