Building New System

invinci

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2011
Hi everybody,
i want to build new system so need help.
My previous system was intel and it is running well from past 8 years..
So my 1st preference is Intel as of now..
But some of my frnds are recommending me AMD.
But i don't knw its performance..

What i've heard that AMD heats up faster then Intel..is it true?
And i am from India..So temp here is higher all the time..
I went to shop and i found out that AMD Phenom II quad cores are in the price range of Intel i3!

Now this makes me confuse whether to get Intel or Amd
here's my quotation:
Intel i3 2100
Intel DH67 Series Motherboard
OR
AMD X4 Phenom II 965
ASUS 880 series motherboard

Kingston 4gb DDR3 Ram 1600mhz
1Tb Seagate Harddisk
Cooler Master 500w Power Supply
Cabinet - Not yet decided

plz help me out guys..
I dont know anything about Overcloaking..
And i've read that it voids the warranty..is it true?

serge44

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2011
It's a very subjective matter. MY point of view is as follows.

AMD is way much cheaper with decent performance than Intel. It's true that Intel will bring you some extra headroom, but unless you run very CPU-intense apps, you won't even notice the difference. It's more certain that you'll notice the difference on your wallet if you go for Intel.

I'd definitely go for the Phenom II over Intel.

The AMD build will use more power, and it runs hotter. The Intel uses less power, and runs cooler. So with you being in India where the temps are high...I would say the Intel build would be the choice to go with.

invinci

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2011
thanks for the reply guys..i really appreciate it.

I streched my budget and got i5 2400 by reading reviews from experts here.
Pretty much happy with it..
Now i just need a good cabinet.
Can u suggest me which is best under Rs.2500($60)?..which has cable mgmt. And bottom psu mount features..
Thanks again guys..

^ Though the AMD CPUs run hot, but I dont think they would be much hotter and definitely not hotter than the permissible limit,... But Intel would certainly be much faster though,...

As for the CASE -
NZXT Gamma
http://www.primeabgb.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=1736&category_id=112&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=53
Cooler Master Elite 430
http://www.primeabgb.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=2733&category_id=111&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=53

PSU - Cooler Master 500W ? Just make sure you dont buy the Extreme Power PSUs,... they are not of much good quality,...Instead go with the Corsair CX500 - Though it is the best, but is good for the price and definitely better than the ExtremePower
http://www.primeabgb.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=3311&category_id=124&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=53
Or better this -
Seasonic 500W
http://www.primeabgb.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=3332&category_id=147&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=53

invinci

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2011

Thanks for reply mate.
i would've choose bulldozer if it was available..i can still wait if i see benchmark of it.
i5 is still my preference.

Yes i opted for extreme series, why you not recomending? Any issues with it?
The shop guy suggested this one too:
kunhar.com/vipcabinets/smps02.html

but its cheaper then the ones you suggested.

Nzxt Gamma looks ok but it has very good features..
Thanks for the link, i was thinking of elite 310, which was available. But Gamma is pretty impressive..
Most of the CM cabinets in India are damn expensive then what we see on internet :(

^^ Extreme series are non-80+ which means they are not of good quality,...
How much is that VIP PSU ?
AFAIK the ones that I have suggested are the better quality ones, and hence costlier...

Elite 310 is an OK case which doesnt have much good airflow as compared to the Gamma,...

invinci

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2011
^^
ok..so i wont be buying extreme now..
Looks like the shop guy wants to get rid of extreme series stock..thats why he recomended me.

VIP power supply is for Rs.2600($60) for 600w psu.. And Rs.1800($40) for 500w Gold one..With 3 year warranty..its an Indian Company..my friend using the same from 3 years..

310 is ok cabinet, it doesnt have lots of features..
I am selecting Gamma(Thanks to you, for providing link)..It fulfills all my requirements..

Thanks again

invinci

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2011
nope no other option i had before..they were not so reliable..

So Either VIP or Corsair.
If i get good deal then Corsair is for sure..
May be 460w or something..