Canon EOS Digital Rebel Owners.. Quick shutter speed quest..

Last response: in Digital Camera
March 20, 2005 9:27:50 AM

could you please set your camera to Tv mode and try to set your
shutter at a higher number than 200? Mine for whatever reason is
topping at 200.. I could have sworn the manuals says it can go up as
high as 4000
Anonymous
March 20, 2005 6:34:24 PM

"rutman" <elcid2k@hotmail.com> wrote:

> could you please set your camera to Tv mode and try to set your
> shutter at a higher number than 200? Mine for whatever reason is
> topping at 200.. I could have sworn the manuals says it can go up as
> high as 4000

Put down (or take off) the flash...

David J. Littleboy
davidjl@it's.not.a.bug.it's.a.feature.com
Tokyo, Japan
Anonymous
March 20, 2005 6:34:25 PM

"David J. Littleboy" <davidjl@gol.com> wrote in message
news:D 1j6fn$g25$1@nnrp.gol.com...

> "rutman" <elcid2k@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> could you please set your camera to Tv mode and try to set your
>> shutter at a higher number than 200? Mine for whatever reason is
>> topping at 200.. I could have sworn the manuals says it can go up as
>> high as 4000
>
> Put down (or take off) the flash...

Or set your ext flash to high-speed.
March 20, 2005 6:34:26 PM

boy do i feel like a noob!

I wish the manual would say say :)

thanks guys!

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 13:17:10 GMT, "Dave R knows who"
<kilbyfan@spamnotAOL.com> wrote:

>"David J. Littleboy" <davidjl@gol.com> wrote in message
>news:D 1j6fn$g25$1@nnrp.gol.com...
>>
>> "rutman" <elcid2k@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> could you please set your camera to Tv mode and try to set your
>>> shutter at a higher number than 200? Mine for whatever reason is
>>> topping at 200.. I could have sworn the manuals says it can go up as
>>> high as 4000
>>
>> Put down (or take off) the flash...
>
> Or set your ext flash to high-speed.

Anonymous
March 21, 2005 3:50:22 AM

"rutman" <elcid2k@hotmail.com> wrote:

> boy do i feel like a noob!

Don't. These things do you all sorts of "favors", and until you've figured
out what and why they're doing those things, they're nearly
incomprehensible.

People use to rant at the F707 because with the flash up, it would never set
the shutter speed slower than either 1/30 or 1/60, depending on the zoom
setting.

People now rant at the 300D/20D because they don't do that<g>!

David J. Littleboy
Tokyo, Japan
March 21, 2005 3:32:52 PM

"rutman" <elcid2k@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> boy do i feel like a noob!
>
> I wish the manual would say say :)

That'll teach you not to bother reading the intruction manual ;o))
March 21, 2005 11:00:06 PM

David wrote:

> People use to rant at the F707 because with the flash up,
> it would never set the shutter speed slower than either
> 1/30 or 1/60, depending on the zoom setting.

I like my F717...but now that I'm partially dSLR edumacated it doesn't
get very much use.

> People now rant at the 300D/20D because they don't do that<g>!

LOL...

[searching messages for those rants...] <VBG>

Jeff
!