luis mizuchiro

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2011
Hello, this is my first thread and i would like to start with my gear, which i would like you to give it a score, either 0-10 or 0-100, and i would like you to give me tips on improvement, what i did right, what i did wrong, and so on. Since i'm new to this forum i don't know if this is in the right section, please correct me if i am doing it wrong. I would put some pictures but i don't have a camera, except for one cheap webcam, but the quality would be crappy i guess, i'll try it later tonight.

I built this for the purpose of gaming, but trying to keep the cost/benefit in mind. It's not even close to the top, but i believe it's pretty high end. (I'll provide more accurate description once i get home, sorry)

Motherboard: Asus M4A89GTD PRO/USB3
Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition
Video Card: SAPPHIRE HD 5750 1GB GDDR5 PCI-E
Memory: 4x2GB Kingston ValueRAM DDR3 1333
Hard Drive: Samsumg 500GB 7200rpm
Power Supply: (can't remember the brand name) 1200W
Monitor: Samsumg 21.5" LCD
Keyboard: Standard Logitech USB Keyboard
Mouse: Standard C3 USB Tech Mouse
CD/DVD Burner: Sony Standard CD/DVD Burner
Case: CS Storm Sniper

ps3hacker12

Distinguished
your PSU is a major overkill for your system. that Asus M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 is an OK board but i would have chosen otherwise.

so overall i would rate that system a 6.5/10, due to the overkill PSU, the choice of a phenom 965 (instead of an intel sandy bridge series, even a pentium G850 would have been better for gaming), and the pricey mobo (depending on your country).

ps3hacker12

Distinguished

even 800W is way overpowred, you only needed 380W for that setup, a nice corsair CX430 or an OCZ 450W would have done well (an Antec 380D would have done very well too).

ps3hacker12

Distinguished

luis mizuchiro

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2011
I really went down with the card, i wanted the 5870, but it was way out of reach at the time. Maybe i'll crossfire 2x5870, but i don't think it will be worth, since one 5970 will be way better.