Ascension finale/Imoen bug?

So I'm playing the WeiDU-ized Ascension mod sans 'improved' bosses.
(Irenicus is ridiculously tough for me as it is without my only 18+ arcane
spellcaster.)

Finally things are going swimmingly, Bodhi and the Fallen Solar are toast,
as are the Ireniclones. Minsc is starting to beat up on Irenicus, when
suddenly Imoen changes back. Very nice, except now Aerie's party slot is
gone (she'd died, seemingly, twice before that -- can you be petrified
after you die?) and Irenicus has vanished! I thought he'd gone invisible
but I sat around a long time and nothing happened... The game even let me
save. What the heck?

The only other mod I have in (besides the Baldurdash fixpack) is Imoen
romance, but SOA-only and I haven't even played that since installing.
Odd.

Have to try the battle again, I guess.

S.

"Steven Chung" <sc1@panix.com> wrote in message
> Finally things are going swimmingly, Bodhi and the Fallen Solar are toast,
> as are the Ireniclones. Minsc is starting to beat up on Irenicus, when
> suddenly Imoen changes back. Very nice, except now Aerie's party slot is
> gone (she'd died, seemingly, twice before that -- can you be petrified
> after you die?)

Only if you have Insult added to Injury mod installed.

hmm... are you sure Aerie was killed? or turned to stone?
I don't recall whether anyone in that fight uses it (probably
someone does though) but Imprisonment will cause a
characters portrait to vanish.

Try casting Freedom.

Also, depending on the difficulty setting (I believe it's Core
and up) a character will be permenently removed from the
game if when they were killed their hitpoints were reduced
to a certain negative amount.

>and Irenicus has vanished!

So he's the final opponent left?
yeah, weird.

In article <Cpn2d.3656$W8.2384@fe1.texas.rr.com>,
kevin <completely@invalid.com> wrote:
# hmm... are you sure Aerie was killed? or turned to stone?
# I don't recall whether anyone in that fight uses it (probably
# someone does though) but Imprisonment will cause a
# characters portrait to vanish.

Well, she died (greyed out), then I think saw her again in blue moving
around, casting spells or something (!), and then she died again. Still
greyed out until Imoen's dialog appeared, I think.

It gets worse, though: I started over and finally beat Irenicus and pals
-again- (Mazzy's backup +0 shortsword very handy), but now I can't switch
off any of the essence flows! Even though I get the little circular
arrows and all. No guardians appear or anything.

What the heck?

S.

Steven wrote:

> What the heck?

Sorry. I have no idea what could be the cause for any of that.
Do you have an earlier save?

In article <sNs2d.4957$3b.1608@fe2.texas.rr.com>,
kevin <completely@invalid.com> wrote:
# Steven wrote:
#
# > What the heck?
#
# Sorry. I have no idea what could be the cause for any of that.
# Do you have an earlier save?

Yep, but the problem seems to have fixed itself -- just needed a lot of
furious clicking by my PC.

Now, for the multiboss battle... in which I reconsider the notion that
Balthazar is more harm than good on my side (on Core he's matched with an
extra Solar for Irenicus to start).

S.