Computer Keeps Resetting

I recently bought a GIGABYTE GA-P45T-ES3G LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard from Newegg and attached it to a 1 TB hard drive with WINDOWS 7. I currently have 4 gigs worth of DDR3 RAM. Every time I try to upgrade the RAM beyond 4 gigs, the computer would keep resetting before POST. I sent it back for a replacement and this problem is still present in the new motherboard. I have a 600W Power supply. It the power supply the problem here?
8 answers Last reply
More about computer resetting
  1. are you running 32 or 64 bit? Do you have all BIOS updates flashed? There might be an issue with RAM being defaulted or not compatible with each other/MoBo
  2. I have updated my BIOS recently. I am currently running 64-bit Windows 7 Home Basic. My GPU is R5770 Hawk Radeon HD 5770 and my CPU is a dual core e5200.
  3. What make and model is your PSU
  4. Antec EarthWatts EA650 650W. This power supply was also used with my last build.
  5. good psu, how old is it?
    What processor do you have?
  6. The PSU is one years old and I stated the processor earlier. It is a e5200 Dual Core.
  7. Is the power supply dying or do I need a stronger one?
  8. Problem Solved. This new motherboard is not properly grounded. The size prevents it from being grounded correctly. HEATSINK FAN EXPLODED IN A SMOKING MESS AFTER A FEW MORE TRIES. Motherboard maybe fried too. First time ever witnessing something like this.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Intel Motherboards Components