Sapphire 5830

Status
Not open for further replies.

geis

Distinguished
May 22, 2011
Alright, so basically this card says it needs a 2x 75W pci express connector, but does that mean that my coolmax 600W im going to get will be able to run it if it just says that it has 1 pci express connector?

Solution
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/low-cost-psu-pc-power-supply,2862.html
There's what you get when you only look at output ratings and fan size.

You have to understand that you get what you pay for, and name brands like Antec, Corsair, XFX, OCZ, and Seasonic all make flat out better units. The components put into them are just better. Period.
When you buy a cheap PSU, it doesn't matter how big the fan is, they probably just put the cheapest parts onto the board that they could that, which will blow up in a year of light use, maybe sooner. If you want it to anihilate the rest of your setup, go ahead - build yourself a new PC every year because of a cheap PSU. If you were smart, though, you'd get a good, reliable unit that will...

Helltech

Distinguished
That fan has nothing to do with the quality of the PSU, especially the size, you have no idea how reliable that fan is anyway. IF you haven't already bought the Coolmax PLEASE get something better, or you may regret it.

geis

Distinguished
May 22, 2011
Well what I meant was that I want a psu with a big fan so it wont have to spin as fast to cool my pc. What, may I ask, is wrong with the coolmax, and no, I haven't bought It yet.

someguynamedmatt

Distinguished
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/low-cost-psu-pc-power-supply,2862.html
There's what you get when you only look at output ratings and fan size.

You have to understand that you get what you pay for, and name brands like Antec, Corsair, XFX, OCZ, and Seasonic all make flat out better units. The components put into them are just better. Period.
When you buy a cheap PSU, it doesn't matter how big the fan is, they probably just put the cheapest parts onto the board that they could that, which will blow up in a year of light use, maybe sooner. If you want it to anihilate the rest of your setup, go ahead - build yourself a new PC every year because of a cheap PSU. If you were smart, though, you'd get a good, reliable unit that will probably end up lasting ten times longer than the rest of your setup with no problems at all.

Solution

Embra

Distinguished

Yup, it is that simple. In the end , it is your decision and money. Good luck.

geis

Distinguished
May 22, 2011

Damn, lesson learned. Any suggestions for a good cpu w/a big fan that wont break the bank (as much)

geis

Distinguished
May 22, 2011

Thanks man, if I could id giv u best answer too.

Status
Not open for further replies.