Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Sapphire 5830

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 28, 2011 7:47:19 PM

Alright, so basically this card says it needs a 2x 75W pci express connector, but does that mean that my coolmax 600W im going to get will be able to run it if it just says that it has 1 pci express connector?

More about : sapphire 5830

a b U Graphics card
May 28, 2011 7:49:58 PM

Can you link the PSU?
Score
Related resources
a c 153 U Graphics card
May 28, 2011 8:07:57 PM

That GPU only have 1 PCI-e connector, but the 5830 should come with a molex connector.

Regardless of this however, I would look into getting a new PSU as your next upgrade.
Score
May 28, 2011 8:18:45 PM

Ummm. Does that mean that this psu will work with the 5830
Score
a c 153 U Graphics card
May 28, 2011 8:20:08 PM

Yes it should come with a molex to six pin adapter. It will work, but with the quality of that PSU I would get a new one.
Score
a b U Graphics card
May 28, 2011 9:04:47 PM

I totally agree ... dont go cheap on a PSU.

This one will last you a good while and 50$ w/rebate ==> Corsair
Score
May 28, 2011 9:53:27 PM

Well I was getting the coolmax cuz it had a big fan and it wss rated pretty good
Score
a c 153 U Graphics card
May 28, 2011 10:28:51 PM

That fan has nothing to do with the quality of the PSU, especially the size, you have no idea how reliable that fan is anyway. IF you haven't already bought the Coolmax PLEASE get something better, or you may regret it.
Score
May 28, 2011 10:48:14 PM

Well what I meant was that I want a psu with a big fan so it wont have to spin as fast to cool my pc. What, may I ask, is wrong with the coolmax, and no, I haven't bought It yet.
Score

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
May 28, 2011 11:28:49 PM

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/low-cost-psu-pc-pow...
There's what you get when you only look at output ratings and fan size.

You have to understand that you get what you pay for, and name brands like Antec, Corsair, XFX, OCZ, and Seasonic all make flat out better units. The components put into them are just better. Period.
When you buy a cheap PSU, it doesn't matter how big the fan is, they probably just put the cheapest parts onto the board that they could that, which will blow up in a year of light use, maybe sooner. If you want it to anihilate the rest of your setup, go ahead - build yourself a new PC every year because of a cheap PSU. If you were smart, though, you'd get a good, reliable unit that will probably end up lasting ten times longer than the rest of your setup with no problems at all.
a b U Graphics card
May 28, 2011 11:50:12 PM

someguynamedmatt said:

You have to understand that you get what you pay for, and name brands like Antec, Corsair, XFX, OCZ, and Seasonic all make flat out better units. The components put into them are just better. Period.
When you buy a cheap PSU, it doesn't matter how big the fan is, they probably just put the cheapest parts onto the board that they could that, which will blow up in a year of light use, maybe sooner. If you want it to anihilate the rest of your setup, go ahead, build yourself a new PC every year because of your cheap PSU. If you were smart, though, you'd get a decent unit that will last ten times as long as the rest of your setup.

Yup, it is that simple. In the end , it is your decision and money. Good luck.
Score
May 29, 2011 1:57:51 AM

someguynamedmatt said:

When you buy a cheap PSU, it doesn't matter how big the fan is, they probably just put the cheapest parts onto the board that they could that, which will blow up in a year of light use, maybe sooner. If you want it to anihilate the rest of your setup, go ahead - build yourself a new PC every year because of a cheap PSU. If you were smart, though, you'd get a good, reliable unit that will probably end up lasting ten times longer than the rest of your setup with no problems at all.

Damn, lesson learned. Any suggestions for a good cpu w/a big fan that wont break the bank (as much)
Score
May 29, 2011 1:58:20 AM

Best answer selected by Geis.
Score
May 29, 2011 1:59:53 AM

Helltech said:
That fan has nothing to do with the quality of the PSU, especially the size, you have no idea how reliable that fan is anyway. IF you haven't already bought the Coolmax PLEASE get something better, or you may regret it.

Thanks man, if I could id giv u best answer too.
Score
May 29, 2011 3:48:40 AM

Embra said:
I totally agree ... dont go cheap on a PSU.

This one will last you a good while and 50$ w/rebate ==> Corsair

But I dont think that'll support my gpu
Score
a c 273 U Graphics card
May 29, 2011 11:07:30 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!