Why do companies like asus, asrock, foxconn, &c have such bad english?

feartrich

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2011
i know they are from countries where english is not widely spoken, but the incorrect grammar and strange superlatives they use seems kinda puzzling considering they have such huge operations in the US and europe...don't they have staff here in the US that copyedits their documentation and advertising?

also, on a side note, can they stop using cheesy product names? i do not want to hear about another MEGAgamer Supreme Marshal Pwnage [insert chipset name here] 3.0 Edition FTW motherboard...things are better now with regard to that, but i still see it and it bothers the hell out of me, like it treats all gamers like 14 year olds...just my two cents

Bulldozer and Piledriver are both heavy construction machinery. Both names are meant to give a sense of power, just as the Bulldozer can easily move large amounts of dirt / rock, the chip is supposed to do massive amounts of simultaneous calculations.

Those names are better than some I have heard of. Such as Llano, Pentium, Fermi, Ivy-Bridge....

@Finneous, I'm guessing your an American member? :p
I actually find Engrish manuals hilarious,

**Thank to you for buy these wonderhappy supergood computer (P.C. house computer for)!!!!!
many for the years to happy be for purchase to you, guarantee!!
for the box to having:
1: Jxiangshlong desktop for power to you
2: Manual paper to learn for the things importants (keep to safe place in next 5 years)
3: Plug cable the wall to insert
4: You paper to guarantee registrar for completion soon

Again friend to thank for buy these product of Jxiangshlong
for ever to win much!!!!

They crack me right up :p
Moto

Fine, capitalisation. It's Google Chrome, it doesn't like British spelling - it is now underlining that word in red which bothers me, forcing me to use the American spelling :( Maybe I need to uninstall and try downloading it from google.co.uk?

I wish all manuals were that enthusiastic, "wonderhappy supergood" makes me smile :lol: