Newegg has FX-8120 back in stock

I'm planning on waiting for at least the B3 stepping.It wasn't until the C2 and C3 stepping that the Phenom ii's were what we know them as today.Bulldozer is still in it's early stages.

http://hexus.net/tech/news/cpu/32333-third-steppings-charm-amd-bulldozer/

tulx

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
The 8-core FX's are really hard to come by in the UK as well. I hope the retailers don't start rising the prices because of the demand exceeding the supply.

people will buy what they want to buy.
this thread clearly seems to be for people who want to buy bulldozer. criticizing (however rightful it is) their decision seems useless to me.
why advise them on getting something they're clearly locked on getting?

The 8-core FX's are really hard to come by in the UK as well. I hope the retailers don't start rising the prices because of the demand exceeding the supply.
the demand exceeding the supply - this means amd [strike]couldn't[/strike] didn't make a lot of cpus (production issues, bad reviews). or they just tested the waters by doing a small launch. so it'd seem like fx cpus are selling out or fx cpus have a very high demand. this is not exactly true.
llano cpus (which are good cpus) are suffering from production issues as well afaik.
lack of supply will only let retailers raise fx cpus' prices and make them an even more unreasonable purchase.

i sure hope so.
the more bd successfully challenges intel the cheaper intel's cpus will get and finally i could buy a 2700k i could afford! :D

Homeboy2

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2006

The "hate" is only in your mind, the reality is that there is no reason to wait for an inferior cpu. Just want people to know there are better choices.