Sign in with
Your question

Male usb to female ps2 converter or adapter.

Last response: in Components
October 31, 2011 5:11:50 PM

Hello,
Does anyone know if there is a device like this that works. I purchase 10 from China and they didn't work. I purchased 3 from a place in California and they were made in China and they didn't work either. I need one for my kyb or mouse that I attaches to kvm that is ps2/dvi.

Difficult to fine category/sub category for this one.

More about : male usb female ps2 converter adapter

October 31, 2011 5:30:48 PM

usb to ps2 only work with basic mice and keyboards. in other words if it has any custom keys or drivers then they will think theres nothing plugged in... i gave this a try myself to free up a usb port but because i have custom kit it just said, no thanks...
when i say basic i mean exactly that. a 400dpi mouse with no frills just 3 buttons and a scroll wheel.. they keyboard must show as a standard 102 key keyboard...ith no frills after that description. so 102 key media keyboad will not work.

really m8 if you dont have a microsoft oem keyboard and microsoft oem mouse your wasting your time.
m
l
November 1, 2011 10:48:41 AM

HEXiT said:
usb to ps2 only work with basic mice and keyboards. in other words if it has any custom keys or drivers then they will think theres nothing plugged in... i gave this a try myself to free up a usb port but because i have custom kit it just said, no thanks...
when i say basic i mean exactly that. a 400dpi mouse with no frills just 3 buttons and a scroll wheel.. they keyboard must show as a standard 102 key keyboard...ith no frills after that description. so 102 key media keyboad will not work.

really m8 if you dont have a microsoft oem keyboard and microsoft oem mouse your wasting your time.

I have a basic keyboard and mouse with ps-2 connections. Nothing fancy. I only have two buttons and a scroll wheel on the mouse. The motherboard has only one ps-2 port and I have the keyboard in the ps-2 port. I have to have a usb mouse in a usb port to have the mouse usable. I would rather have a male usb to female ps2 connector/adapter/converter.
m
l
Related resources
November 30, 2011 5:10:04 PM

Got two more male usb to ps2 female adapters from China vendor and neither worked with kyb or mouse. I got also a usb to ps2 connector that was for a mouse and kyb. The kyb worked but mouse did not. My kvm now works fine but it was a struggle. Many places sell these adapters but I haven't found any that worked with either a mouse of keyboard until I go the usb to ps/2 for mouse and kyb. :bounce: 
m
l
December 2, 2011 10:31:25 AM

glad to hear you managed to find a fix...
any chance you can give details of the part that you know works... as i havent found 1 that will work with my G11 or lachesis.
m
l
December 2, 2011 11:11:15 AM

HEXiT said:
glad to hear you managed to find a fix...
any chance you can give details of the part that you know works... as i havent found 1 that will work with my G11 or lachesis.

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/slim-usb-2-0-to-ps-2-adapt...

is a link to the Chinese company and the item. Glad you can use the info! Please remember that the keyboard only worked with me but that is all I needed since I had a ps2 port that could take either.
m
l
December 5, 2011 7:41:02 AM

ah rite. im actualy wanting the other way round usb female to ps2 male. converting a usb mouse in to a ps2 mouse i dont want to plug a ps2 mouse into a usb socket thats just a waste of usb addressing. if you have ps2 keyboard and mouse use the sockets provided as they are just ifnot more effective at reading the HID's
m
l
!