Male usb to female ps2 converter or adapter.

Hello,
Does anyone know if there is a device like this that works. I purchase 10 from China and they didn't work. I purchased 3 from a place in California and they were made in China and they didn't work either. I need one for my kyb or mouse that I attaches to kvm that is ps2/dvi.

Difficult to fine category/sub category for this one.
6 answers Last reply
More about male female converter adapter
  1. usb to ps2 only work with basic mice and keyboards. in other words if it has any custom keys or drivers then they will think theres nothing plugged in... i gave this a try myself to free up a usb port but because i have custom kit it just said, no thanks...
    when i say basic i mean exactly that. a 400dpi mouse with no frills just 3 buttons and a scroll wheel.. they keyboard must show as a standard 102 key keyboard...ith no frills after that description. so 102 key media keyboad will not work.

really m8 if you dont have a microsoft oem keyboard and microsoft oem mouse your wasting your time.
  2. HEXiT said:
    usb to ps2 only work with basic mice and keyboards. in other words if it has any custom keys or drivers then they will think theres nothing plugged in... i gave this a try myself to free up a usb port but because i have custom kit it just said, no thanks...
    when i say basic i mean exactly that. a 400dpi mouse with no frills just 3 buttons and a scroll wheel.. they keyboard must show as a standard 102 key keyboard...ith no frills after that description. so 102 key media keyboad will not work.

really m8 if you dont have a microsoft oem keyboard and microsoft oem mouse your wasting your time.

I have a basic keyboard and mouse with ps-2 connections. Nothing fancy. I only have two buttons and a scroll wheel on the mouse. The motherboard has only one ps-2 port and I have the keyboard in the ps-2 port. I have to have a usb mouse in a usb port to have the mouse usable. I would rather have a male usb to female ps2 connector/adapter/converter.
  3. Got two more male usb to ps2 female adapters from China vendor and neither worked with kyb or mouse. I got also a usb to ps2 connector that was for a mouse and kyb. The kyb worked but mouse did not. My kvm now works fine but it was a struggle. Many places sell these adapters but I haven't found any that worked with either a mouse of keyboard until I go the usb to ps/2 for mouse and kyb. :bounce:
  4. glad to hear you managed to find a fix...
    any chance you can give details of the part that you know works... as i havent found 1 that will work with my G11 or lachesis.
  5. HEXiT said:
    glad to hear you managed to find a fix...
    any chance you can give details of the part that you know works... as i havent found 1 that will work with my G11 or lachesis.

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/slim-usb-2-0-to-ps-2-adapter-dongle-1440

is a link to the Chinese company and the item. Glad you can use the info! Please remember that the keyboard only worked with me but that is all I needed since I had a ps2 port that could take either.
  6. ah rite. im actualy wanting the other way round usb female to ps2 male. converting a usb mouse in to a ps2 mouse i dont want to plug a ps2 mouse into a usb socket thats just a waste of usb addressing. if you have ps2 keyboard and mouse use the sockets provided as they are just ifnot more effective at reading the HID's
Ask a new question

Read More

PlayStation Converter Components