Asus P5LD2 Bios issues

deneverett

Honorable
Jul 29, 2012
Hi, Im new to the forum so I hope this is in the right forum. OK im have been racking my brains since yesterday and have used google and I cant find anyone with my exact problem. I received a Tower from a friend of mine to upgrade my wifes machine and I have tried every hardware combination imaginable.

Turn the computer on and see Asus/post screen and then it advances to the next screen where it give bios version and It states "Please wait for ide scan" and then it never goes any farther. does not display hd or dvd drive. (although it does display that info on the post screen). When I try to enter bios by hitting the DEL key the splash disappears and I see the post screen for a brief second before it advances to the above stated screen. I have tried resetting bios via the battery and the jumper, leaving the keyboard and mouse disconnected and I dont get any errors thrown up about no keyboard, wrong time and date or anything. The only thing I can think of is it registers when I hit del but wont enter bios until it passes the please wait for ide scan screen. Im at a loss. ive tried 4 different keyboards all ps2/usb all light up and respond when I press numlock but when it reached the mentioned ide scan screen it acts like it freezes because numlock and caps lock become unresponsive and I have to hold the power button for 4 seconds. I thought about reflashing but I dont own a floppy disk and I dont think it sees the usb thumb drive. dont know if it will help if it wont pass a certain point.

ASUS P5LD2 Motherboard 3.2ghz pentium 4 CPU
4 gigs ddr2 5300
320 gb sata hd
SATA DVD-Writer
512 Meg ASUS PCI-X 16 Video Card
400 watt PSU

Let me know if theres any other info I can help with, thanks in advance

_zxzxzx_

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012
Is anything connected to your IDE or SATA ports? If so, unplug them, reboot and see if you can enter the BIOS. This was supposed to be an issue to do with drives plugged into the wrong ports/BIOS issue. It would be resolved by changing a BIOS setting/updating the BIOS.

deneverett

Honorable
Jul 29, 2012

Yeah Ive tried all sata and ide ports even left everything unplugged except whats neccesary like cpu fan, 1 stick of memory and video card. Always stops in the same place. I reset bios with the jumper and you would think it would go back to failsafe settings and let me in but it doesnt act like bios has been reset. No errors with date and time or anything. I might just try and find another board on craigslist or something. Ive been messing with it for a couple days and doesnt seem like anythings working. Thanks for the advice