luckysam777

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2011
Hello there forum,

I currently own a HAF922 with these components :
- i7 930 @ Stock
- OCZ StealthXStream 700W PSU
- 2x Gigabyte GTX 460 1GB in sli
- 6 GB G.Skill DDR3 RAM (stock 1033Mhz because I didn't OC yet)
- Gigabyte X58A-UD3R rev 2.0
- 1TB 7200RPM Black Caviar WD
- B-Ray (don't remember manifacturer, but not important)

I'm going to change my PSU for a Corsair AX850W and OC everything. ANd yes, I'm going to buy an after market CPU cooler, I don't know which one yet, but I'm still shopping. If you have any suggestion, I'll be happy if you could give me some.

Anyway, my computer will obviously start to heat a lot, so I was looking at full towers. I saw tha HAF X, but I don't like th style on it. So I looked for an alternative and a LOT of people said the FT02 was one of the best for AC, so will it be worth it going from the HAF922 to the FT02?

Do you like your case now or is it that you just want a new one. The case you have now is fine for what you have , even overclocked. You have two huge 200mm fans and a 120mm fan. It also looks like it would be very easy to mount a fan on the side pannel where the mesh is , say a 140mm that would blow directly on the two video cards. I don't see any heat issues with that case.

luckysam777

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2011
Ya, I know, but Indeed I was looking for something new and bigger, so it could last me a long time....And if I ever want to try 3sli or like doing that sort of stuff I wanted a case that I know will take it :D. But thx for your answer.

I was also looking at the Level 10 GT snow edition, but people prefer the HAF X, which I don't think is really beautiful.

mjmjpfaff

Distinguished

i personally cannot stand the haf series' looks. the ft02 is an amazing case. it is the second best air-cooled case (2nd to the silverstone tj11 which is 650$) on the market. it has amazing looks and is very quiet. it is a little pricey though. have you ever thought of the Silverstone Raven RV03?- http://www.amazon.com/Silverstone-Extended-90-Degree-Motherboard-Mounting/dp/B005JW6VUW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1320104219&sr=8-2 still very good cooling with the same unique design for much less

imsurgical

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2011
If you like the FT02 I would recommend the 800D if you like that minimalistic monolithic kind of look. My profile pic is of an 800D, it shows my setup with 3 cards if you do happen to want to do that later and if the motherboard has good spacing also shown in the same pic. And I agree with you on the HAF series, I think they are great cases in terms of performance, a friend has a 922 and one has a HAF X, but the exterior never appealed to me. If you don't want to do any window modding either but want a clean looking one the 800D's window sits flush with the side panel.

That is if you're in that ballpark for that price range :). But a Level 10 cost's about the same if not more than an 800D so just pitching that for you from my personal experience from going to a mid tower (P182), to a a full tower 800D.

Good luck with your choices :)