HAF 922 to FT02 worth it?

Last response: in Components
October 31, 2011 8:09:25 PM

Hello there forum,

I currently own a HAF922 with these components :
- i7 930 @ Stock
- OCZ StealthXStream 700W PSU
- 2x Gigabyte GTX 460 1GB in sli
- 6 GB G.Skill DDR3 RAM (stock 1033Mhz because I didn't OC yet)
- Gigabyte X58A-UD3R rev 2.0
- 1TB 7200RPM Black Caviar WD
- B-Ray (don't remember manifacturer, but not important)

I'm going to change my PSU for a Corsair AX850W and OC everything. ANd yes, I'm going to buy an after market CPU cooler, I don't know which one yet, but I'm still shopping. If you have any suggestion, I'll be happy if you could give me some.

Anyway, my computer will obviously start to heat a lot, so I was looking at full towers. I saw tha HAF X, but I don't like th style on it. So I looked for an alternative and a LOT of people said the FT02 was one of the best for AC, so will it be worth it going from the HAF922 to the FT02?

More about : haf 922 ft02 worth

a c 80 ) Power supply
October 31, 2011 8:57:30 PM

Do you like your case now or is it that you just want a new one. The case you have now is fine for what you have , even overclocked. You have two huge 200mm fans and a 120mm fan. It also looks like it would be very easy to mount a fan on the side pannel where the mesh is , say a 140mm that would blow directly on the two video cards. I don't see any heat issues with that case.
m
l
October 31, 2011 10:22:09 PM

Ya, I know, but Indeed I was looking for something new and bigger, so it could last me a long time....And if I ever want to try 3sli or like doing that sort of stuff I wanted a case that I know will take it :D . But thx for your answer.

I was also looking at the Level 10 GT snow edition, but people prefer the HAF X, which I don't think is really beautiful.
m
l
Related resources
a b ) Power supply
October 31, 2011 10:37:39 PM

luckysam777 said:
Ya, I know, but Indeed I was looking for something new and bigger, so it could last me a long time....And if I ever want to try 3sli or like doing that sort of stuff I wanted a case that I know will take it :D . But thx for your answer.

I was also looking at the Level 10 GT snow edition, but people prefer the HAF X, which I don't think is really beautiful.

i personally cannot stand the haf series' looks. the ft02 is an amazing case. it is the second best air-cooled case (2nd to the silverstone tj11 which is 650$) on the market. it has amazing looks and is very quiet. it is a little pricey though. have you ever thought of the Silverstone Raven RV03?- http://www.amazon.com/Silverstone-Extended-90-Degree-Mo... still very good cooling with the same unique design for much less
m
l
October 31, 2011 10:45:08 PM

Haha, at the time I liked the 922 a lot XD, but thing changed.

I like the simple design of the ft02 with the window, but the more I see the Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow, the more I like it haha.

thank you for your answer, still shopping around....
m
l
November 1, 2011 1:51:05 AM

If you like the FT02 I would recommend the 800D if you like that minimalistic monolithic kind of look. My profile pic is of an 800D, it shows my setup with 3 cards if you do happen to want to do that later and if the motherboard has good spacing also shown in the same pic. And I agree with you on the HAF series, I think they are great cases in terms of performance, a friend has a 922 and one has a HAF X, but the exterior never appealed to me. If you don't want to do any window modding either but want a clean looking one the 800D's window sits flush with the side panel.

That is if you're in that ballpark for that price range :) . But a Level 10 cost's about the same if not more than an 800D so just pitching that for you from my personal experience from going to a mid tower (P182), to a a full tower 800D.

Good luck with your choices :) 
m
l
!