Z68 chipset boosts your graphics card?

deadeye22

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2009
Hi im buying the p8z68deluxe gen3 mobo and im just asking is the chipset alongside with the gpu from the 2600K going to boost my ATI's 5850 performance even a little?

With Virtu MVP, they can work together quite well (supposedly), but Virtu MVP isn't available on any Z68 boards, just normal Virtu, which actually HURTS gaming performance.

It's best to leave the iGPU disabled for gaming.

deadeye22

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2009
ok i went for the z77.... Now is that a gaming booster? do they work together... I mean am i going to see any performance increase on the 5850?

With Virtu MVP, you'll have smoother V-Sync performance (less tearing), but no, it won't actually improve your FPS any. That's not at all what I was talking about.

My original reply to this post still stands. The only way that the GPU Boost function improves FPS is if you're using ONLY the iGPU. It DOESN'T improve a dedicated card's performance. And neither will Virtu MVP.

If you want improved performance, overclock the CPU and GPU. Neither the the motherboard or any of it's features will give you more FPS with a dedicated card (like your 5850).