Having problems with the ASUS PCE-N13 Wireless Card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

recktech

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2010
I am having frustrating problems with the ASUS PCE-N13 Wireless Card. As the name suggests, it is a PCI-Express wireless card. The frustrating part is that it drops me at random times while I have excellent signal (5 bars). I have tried to update the drivers, re-install them as well as try different drivers thanks to google searches and it still does the same thing. IT does not matter if I am browsing the web, playing a multiplayer game or streaming videos, it basically lags out and stops working for a min or more and turns back on to normal. I have done numerous tests. When it is working normally, I get around 24mpbs download and 3.5mpbs upload. When it begins to cause problems that number drops way below to around 5-6mpbs download and < or 1mpbs upload.
I play video games competitively so it is quite annoying.

My Specs:
AMD Phenom II X6 1055T Thuban 2.8 Ghz
BIOSTAR A870 AM3 ATX Motherboard
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB(2x4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 1600
SAPPHIRE Toxic Radeon HD 6850 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1
Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s
Antec Three Hundred Illusion Case
Antec BP550 Plus 550W
ASUS PCE-N13 Wireless Card

Any suggestions?

Solution
Yes, set it to a specific channel. It should say somewhere what channel it is currently on when it is set to auto... I would suggest trying 2 or 11.

Radio is already enabled, or you wouldn't be able to connect to wireless at all.

SSID broadcast set to on

WMM, use defaults.

Use the 2.4GHz N band, it is usually more stable than the 5GHz.
A cell phone should be at a much higher frequency than wireless internet, so that should not interfere.

I would suggest logging into your router, and changing the Wireless channel. it is probably on 6 as a default, so change it to 2, or 11.

if there are other wireless networks in the area they can interfere with each other on the same channel.

See if that helps at all.

recktech

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2010
The Channel is set to auto. Should I change it to a specific number?

Also if I go to wireless settings, it asks me if I want to Enable Wireless Router Radio, Enable SSID Broadcast, Enable WMM (Wi-Fi multi-media) Settings (5GHz a/n). And much more options.

Yes, set it to a specific channel. It should say somewhere what channel it is currently on when it is set to auto... I would suggest trying 2 or 11.

Radio is already enabled, or you wouldn't be able to connect to wireless at all.

SSID broadcast set to on

WMM, use defaults.

Use the 2.4GHz N band, it is usually more stable than the 5GHz.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.