Recommend a Socket 775 Motherboard, Please?

Obnoxious

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2012
Hello,

Thank you for spending your time reading this thread, and I extremely appreciate all responses, even if you don't respond. Thank you very much for your time. :)

Well, to get started on with this thread. I'm planning to upgrade my current computer:

ASRock P4i45GV R5.0 motherboard; socket 478 with 533/400MHz FSB
Intel Pentium 4, 3.3GHz (overclocked); SL6PG
2048MB Memory/RAM; PC-2700, DDR333
NVIDIA GeForce 6800, AGP 8x
IDE Hard Drives & DVD-ROM drive

Unfortunately, I don't have enough funds right now to purchase a new computer, so I'd rather upgrade; which will allow me to get back into standards slowly. :)

I'm not making you read all the above for no reason (luckily ;) ), and my question/help I'm asking for is, could someone please recommend me a socket 775 motherboard (since they support low-end Celeron/Pentium 4 processors to Core 2 Quads)? The 775 motherboard also must support my current hardware (except for the processor, since I want to upgrade to 775); sorry for being picky. :(

The 775 motherboard which you recommend, could it please support up to at least Core 2 Duo, connect using IDE (NOT SATA :( ), have an AGP 8x port, and PCI-Express 16x? Also, could the RAM also support PC-2700/DDR333 and above?

I'm sorry if I'm asking for too much, and to be honest, I don't know if this type of motherboard exists. I've done some research into this before asking, but not much avail. ;( If a motherboard such as the above described is found, it will allow me to slowly upgrade to modern standards, instead of make a hastey jump.

Also, I guess not everything has to match. I suppose I could always purchase new RAM to accomodate the new motherboard, or a new GPU, or perhaps even new SATA hard drives; but I don't want to go overboard with my funds.

I'd like to thank everyone who has made it this far, and is still reading. I extremely appreciate your support, thank you very much ;D

Kindest regards

runswindows95

Distinguished
To be dead honest, better off saving more money, and getting a modern system. Everything listed in your post is obsolete or not worth spending the money. I know this for I'm running a Socket 775 system with all IDE drives, and I'm saving up to replace it all.