todo1

Distinguished
May 25, 2011
There are several items that do not list warranty at all. They only say "extended warranty" for $10 or something like that. Does that mean they don't come with warranty at all? In that case, why would they say "extended", if you know what I mean.

Why am I posting this here instead of asking newegg? It is faster and you guys might be aware of some watchouts! from your experience that newegg may not tell.

Solution

Newegg offers an extended warranty for every product they sell. It is simply embedded into every product page that they have regardless of what the manufacturer's warranty is. It is simply more efficient on their to make it an option for every product rather than having someone go through each and every warranty policy of every company for every product that they sell.

The manufacturer's warranty take precedence above all else. You as a consumer decide if paying the extra $$ is worth the longer warranty. If the manufacturer...

huron

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2007
You'd have to check the manufacturer for the warranty info...newegg might offer something outside of that normal warranty.

Newegg has a great return policy, but most items are warrantied for at least some time. You'd have to do an RMA if it was outside of newegg's return window.

todo1

Distinguished
May 25, 2011
yes, but the manufacturer's website says "lifetime warranty". They can't be offering 1 year extended warranty on top of lifetime warranty... so what is the base warranty I am getting? how do I figure that out?

christop

Distinguished
Yes extended warranties are a gamble the company selling it thinks the product will not fail and you are betting it will fail. I would not care about a warranty on a low cost product. I tend to read the review on products at newegg then decide if I will purchase it . Newegg is a good company and they will replace recent broken hardware with out you have to go threw the manufacturer.

Newegg offers an extended warranty for every product they sell. It is simply embedded into every product page that they have regardless of what the manufacturer's warranty is. It is simply more efficient on their to make it an option for every product rather than having someone go through each and every warranty policy of every company for every product that they sell.

The manufacturer's warranty take precedence above all else. You as a consumer decide if paying the extra $$ is worth the longer warranty. If the manufacturer offers lifetime warranty, then of course it would not make sense to purchase an extended warranty from Newegg.

Bottom line: Use your own judgment.

Solution