Sign in with
Your question

Crashing while streaming

Last response: in Components
November 1, 2011 7:50:52 AM

Hi, I'm having strange problems with my PC for a few months now. When I will stream video off any website my computer will randomly crash. It doesn't always happen and it's not consistent, the only thing that is making it crash that I've noticed is while streaming.

I built this PC myself and it has what I consider some pretty good hardware, Asus P6T Deluxe V2 motherboard, Corei7 920, nVidia GeForce GTX580, 12GB DDR3 RAM, nothing is overclocked, all stock fans, and my case is a CoolerMaster HAF with 5 fans. The CPU is always around 42 to 46 degrees, motherboard too. I can run high end games on max graphic settings with high resolutions (I usually play in 1920x1080).

And yet, even with all this, simply streaming video on the web seems to cause my PC to crash and every now and then the BIOS will actually reset.

Anyone have any idea why this could be happening? I'm on Vista 64-bit.

More about : crashing streaming

November 1, 2011 4:57:24 PM

So I crashed again today while watching some video from spacecast.ca

This is really annoying, I can play FFXIV in very high settings fullscreen 1920x1080 or crysis ultra high settings no problem for hours, but streaming video off a website for 7 minutes either crashes my computer with glitching sound, or reboots it, and sometimes when it reboots the bios will be reset... wtf...
m
l
!