HI

Just built a new system to replace my existing

Specs are
Asus Crosshair v MB
AMD T1100 CPU
2x Sapphire 6950
8GB Corsair Vengence 1600mhz (2x4GB)
600GB WD Velicorapter.

After getting it all set up and a few shifts of components I got the system build. Turned on and took forever to post and sometimes wouldn't even initilise (No specker so no beeps) After managing to get into the BIOS I saw it was picking up only 1/2 the total RAM so playing switching the sticks over I managed to get it to post 99% of the time but it still didn't recognise the RAM as 1600MHZ this had to be set manualy.

But my issue is trying to well do anything i can get it to start loading windows 7 install but it crashes at the latest at extracting files (Well BSOD then crash) And sometimes even before then.

Something tells me its still my RAM but not ever had issue with problems with a build before now so not experianced in issues like this.

Any help is apreciated
August 3, 2011 5:43:21 PM

Ok update

Managed to fix the crashing (very loose 2nd mb power connector) But my ram still indicating 4gb installed in my bios but 8gb is regestered in windows, anyone know why this would happen and it will allow access to 8gb from windows or will the 4gb BIOS reading limit what windows can use
!