No sound between HDMI out. Radeon 4670 AGP and samsung TV(HDMI input)

Status
Not open for further replies.

k_poT

Distinguished
May 29, 2011
Hi.
I have a 46" Samsung TV LCD.
Had connected HDMI cable from Radeon 4670 AGP video card to my TV.
But no sound.
Could any1 help me, what i have to do in settings for turn sound on.
Thx.

G

You may have to connect a SPDIF cable from your sound card to your video card in order to get sound through HDMI.

k_poT

Distinguished
May 29, 2011

Please explain how i can do this. i have to go inside the computer?
Thx.

G

I do not have any experience with your particular card, but I have read that drivers for the AGP ATI/AMD cards are a crap-shoot at best. Since your card supposedly has a sound chip built in to do exactly what you are asking (get sound over HDMI), you may have to provide audio a different way. Lets start by what brand of Radeon HD4670 you have. Then I can do some more research. I assume you tried Supermuncher85's suggestion?

Supermuncher85

Distinguished
^ the 4670 should have a audio chip on board, changing the media players preferences should fix it. Otherwise there will be a little cable on the card that connects to the motherboard. The instructions on how to connect it should be in the manual of your card.

k_poT

Distinguished
May 29, 2011

I have:
Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3
HIS ATI Radeon HD 4670 video card 1gb AGP 1080 p Full HD
TV SAMSUNG LN 46A 650 A
Motherboard ASUS P4C800 DELUXE AGP below ebay link. Same card as my.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ASUS-P4C800-DELUXE-INTEL-SOCKET-478-875P-P4-MOTHERBOARD-/130369475864?pt=Motherboards&hash=item1e5aa05518

Thank you

k_poT

Distinguished
May 29, 2011

You mean manual for motherboard or video card?
Also where i can find setting for Windows Media Player?
Thank you.

k_poT

Distinguished
May 29, 2011
I found information and did.
I have sound on Tv.
Below what i did."
Click the start button, go to control panel and click switch to classic view in the top left if needed, then click on Sound and Audio Devices. You will then be presented with the Sound and Audio options for your computer, click on the Audio tab and select ATI HD Audio as the default device and click ok."

Thanks guys.

hiho

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2011
This control panel option did not exist on my system where the spdif output from a Creative Audigy card is connected to the spdif input of the video card via the included adapter (alternatively, an internal cable can be used to connect the 2 spdif ports on the respective cards). I had to go tho the Audigy settings advanced and set "digital output only" to get sound thru hdmi

Status
Not open for further replies.