Which Mobo should i get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

a_tractor

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2011
Hi guys im looking for an msi mobo in 150$ price bracket i need a good one. i will most likeley go with the core i7 2600k. i need the board to be overclocking friendley. and if possible usb 3.0 im basically looking for a board thats good but i dont know which one to get. Whats better for gaming i5 2500k or i7 2600k? i will only be using this rig for gaming. :bounce:

Any replies will be greatley appriciated. :bounce:

Solution
ASUS P8Z68-V is a decent choice.
As for the CPUs,go with i5 2500k.It's only 100MHz slower than 2600k which isn't at all notable

ulillillia

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2011
@Mazair:
He or she is confused about the design of the forums, wondering what a moderator is and the orange and blue flags.

@a_tractor:
Moderators keep the forums in check by closing threads, deleting spam, removing offensive posts/threads, and other such things. Administrators are the same as moderators, except they can configure the permissions of each category, name them, add new ones, delete existing ones, and much more. As to the flags, orange ones represent threads you've read and blue ones represent ones you've responded to (this one should be blue). The color is strong if new messages are present, fainter if nothing is present.

Edit: if you're into a lot of video processing (video encoding or transcoding), then you might consider the i7-2600K for the quad core. Otherwise, the i5-2500K would be sufficient enough and it should easily overclock considerably, even 1 GHz more (with the right RAM, PSU, motherboard, etc.).

Oh I see :)
Well,a moderator is someone who moderates the forums such as editing posts,moving/deleting/merging topics etc.
As for the flags,well the blue flag means a reply(or more) have been posted to the topic which you posted in or created and the red flags show the topic that you've visited but not posted.

a_tractor

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2011
ok thanks very much. Will overclocking by using msi's overclocking geine work? you know that button you click on the mobo itself? also i was wondering about if it would work because some people on the internet say something about the voltage not being high enough or too low?

Status
Not open for further replies.