Booting problem

atomicprince11

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2009
Hi.
It's been some time that I have been having this problem: when i try turning on my pc, it doesn't just boot!! everything looks fine ( the noise, fans, lights and etc) but i can't hear the beep and i can't see splash screen of my mobo and monitor doesn't show anything.
And after turning on and off 10+ times, finally i can hear the beep and everything goes well afterwards.
My PSU is rather new (6 months old) and it is a decent PSU with 80plus bronze brand on ( to be more specific, it is AcBel pc7030). I've tried changing the cable and using different electric outlet but the problem persists. so what do you think is the problem?

Any comment will be appreciated.

Something is failing during POST (i.e. Power On Self Test). Only when POST passes will you hear the beep.

A power supply unit with poor DC output quality (i.e. poor voltage regulation, high electrical noise and ripple, poor transient response) will cause the symptoms you've described.

Test with a better quality power supply unit.

80PLUS Bronze means nothing if the power supply isn't working correctly. The 80PLUS Bronze certification does not guarantee that you will receive a defect free power supply unit. It only means that it passed a power conversion efficiency test. It doesn't guarantee good voltage regulation or low noise and ripple or good transient response because those things are not part of the certification.

atomicprince11

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2009

Thanks for the help, I'll try a different PSU, but is there any possibility that the problem is from my motherboard?

I suspect the power supply based on the symptoms you've described.

The motherboard is much less likely to be the problem.