Guild Wars 2 Gaming PC Help?

gnisnoc

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2010
Ive built my own computer a couple years ago but now its time for an upgrade. Looking to mostly use this to play games like guildwars 2 and any other game that catches my eye. Here are the specs for Guild Wars 2...If I can get something that can play that at max settings for the cheapest $ that would be great...

Recommended System Specifications:
-Microsoft Windows Vista / 7
-Dual Core CPU 2.0GHz or equivalent
-2GB RAM
-NVIDIA GeForce 8800 / ATI Radeon HD 3850
-5GB Hard Disk space
-CD-ROM drive
-16-bit Sound Card
-Broadband Internet Connection

Approximate Purchase Date: 1-2 Months

Budget Range: 600-750 USD

System Usage from Most to Least Important: MMO Gaming > FPS Gaming > School Work > Surfing the web

Parts Not Required: Keyboard, Mouse, Speakers

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg

Country of Origin: US

Parts Preferences: For CPU I want to look at something AMD and for graphics nvidia gtx460 or a radeon that can do something similar

Overclocking: Maybe in the future

SLI or Crossfire: no

Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080

gnisnoc

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2010
So i'd like to have AMD Phenom II x4 Black edition 3.2ghz and the nvidia gtx 460...If someone can help me find a motherboard and recommend a case and cooling that would be all I would need

gnisnoc

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2010
Well with newer technology its probably going to be a lot more expensive right? Right now Id just like to get an idea of what I'd need so if I find something with a good deal I can just scoop it up real quick...

^ Well it depends,... IMO they would launch some mid-range parts as well,...
But its your call though,...

As for the build,..

CPU - X4 955

Mobo - Just make sure you buy an AM3+ board as you can later on upgrade to the Bulldozer CPUs

RAM - 8GB these days are pretty cheap, so get preferrably 1600Mhz,...

CASE - There are so many good options in ~$50 range - Antec 100, 300, CoolerMaster 430, NZXT M59, Rosewill Challenger, and more...

PSU - A 550W+ PSU from Antec / Corsair/ Seasonic/ Silverstone/ PCP&S/ OCZ would be fine,...

GPU - HD 6870 would be nice or if you can get the HD 6950/ GTX 560 Ti

HDD - A good 1TB,...

TRENDING THREADS