Help, PSU's Screw Hole's Won't Align With Case's Holes

markerng

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
Hello I'm doing my first PC build right now and my Corsair TX750 V2 PSU's screw holes aren't aligning up with my case's PSU screw holes. (my case is a Corsair 400R)

Two of the screw holes on one side align perfectly but the two on the other side don't, one of them shows off half of the hole and the other is not even close.

I'm sure I have the PSU positioned correctly, with the fan pointing down to the case's bottom grill, and I've tried to wiggle the PSU any way I can to try to get the last two screw holes to align but it's not working. What I find funny is that both the case and the PSU is from Corsair, WHY wouldn't there own two products work together??

Are you sure the PSU is in all the way both side way and in the back? I had a problem with my CA Obsidian 650D. I couldn't get the screw holes to align then I realized the psu wasn't seated all the way. I pushed it sideways and back until it clicked and then the screws aligned perfectly.

This thread on the Corsair boards is close to the same thing

http://forum.corsair.com/v2/showthread.php?t=99318

Basically a Corsair rep said all the screws don't need to line up and that 2 or 3 of them is enough to hold everything in well enough.

- Edit - Another thread that says mostly the same thing from a different board

http://www.overclock.net/computer-cases/1149585-new-corsair-500r-white-few-problems.html

They say that the 400r and 500r just aren't very good products to come out of Corsair.

markerng

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011

Yeah, I've been pushing it in both sideways and back and down, but it's just not aligning. Here's a picture that shows the two screw hole's on the right side that don't align:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

markerng

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011

thank you for the reply, it looks as though I don't have a faulty case, it's that the 400R and 500R series are faulty design. :lol:

Well I guess I'll just screw in the two screws on the left side and live with it.

If you can get 3 screws in it in any arrangement, that would be best.

Second best would be two screws diagonally opposite of each other.

Third best would be two screws on the same side.

I think you should be able to achieve second best, at least.

fatbat

Honorable
Apr 26, 2012
I have this combination of PSU and case, both Corsair, and ironically I can attest to the exact design flaw.

I specifically bought the same brand to avoid such problems... Kinda fail here Corsair. :(