Sign in with
Your question

Are these Voltage values normal?

Last response: in Motherboards
July 31, 2012 7:12:59 AM

I've got a H61M-D2H-USB3, CPU is the i3 2120 @ 3.3Ghz, GPU EVGA GTX 550ti superclocked with 8gb ram @ 1333Mhz and an audio card the Asus Xonar D1 PCI and an Antec 620W PSU

These are the values:

CPU CORE 1.044 V
MEMORY CONTROLLER 2.232 V
+3.3V 2.964 V
+5V 4.859 V
+12V 8.928 V
-12V -4.320 V
-5V -6.096 V
+5V HIGH THRESHOLD 2.843 V
CMOS BATTERY 1.632 V

are they suppose to be as such or is there a problem here? (Mind you everything is brand new)
BTW i haven't done overclocking or anything of that sort.. also BIOS is set to default.

More about : voltage values normal

a c 168 V Motherboard
July 31, 2012 7:26:28 AM

no those are way off

At those voltages your computer shouldn't even be running. See if there's a firmware update
m
l
July 31, 2012 7:36:02 AM

Pinhedd said:
no those are way off

At those voltages your computer shouldn't even be running. See if there's a firmware update

You mean a bios update? did that... went from F2 to F6, didnt help.
I knew something was off with the mobo as im getting constant freezing while running heavy tasks and then when it resets it goes through this weird power cycle where it powers up for a second and then turn off and again powers for a second and turns off until I shutdown and wait for 10 minutes..
Currently I'm running without the GPU or Audio Card to see if they're causing these values (Can that even happen?) but the vlaues are the same without them in..

Anyway, what firmware update are you talking about??
m
l
Related resources
a c 168 V Motherboard
July 31, 2012 7:50:04 AM

BIOS is the particular standard that your firmware adheres to. It's a bit of a misnomer but it's the same thing.

What's the make and model of your power supply?
m
l
July 31, 2012 7:53:16 AM

Pinhedd said:
BIOS is the particular standard that your firmware adheres to. It's a bit of a misnomer but it's the same thing.

What's the make and model of your power supply?

Antec High Current Gamer 620W
http://store.antec.com/Product/power_supply-high_curren...

Its brand since i thought my old generic PSU (500W) was causing my freezing issues..
m
l
a c 168 V Motherboard
July 31, 2012 7:58:19 AM

That PSU is manufactured by SeaSonic, so I doubt that's the problem. Certainly not if you switched it out

It would be nice to test it with a volt meter or a power supply tester if you could. The open circuit voltages shouldn't be that much different from the idle voltages.

It could be the Gigabyte motherboard, their quality control has been asleep lately
m
l
July 31, 2012 8:01:14 AM

Pinhedd said:
That PSU is manufactured by SeaSonic, so I doubt that's the problem. Certainly not if you switched it out

It would be nice to test it with a volt meter or a power supply tester if you could. The open circuit voltages shouldn't be that much different from the idle voltages.

It could be the Gigabyte motherboard, their quality control has been asleep lately

IDK.. Contacted Gigabyte support and got a replay telling me to reset BIOS.
Cleared CMOS and took out the battery, didn't help =\

Guess I'll take it to the retailer and let them try and fix it.

Is there anything else I could try before that?
m
l
a c 168 V Motherboard
July 31, 2012 8:22:31 AM

Kai7os said:
IDK.. Contacted Gigabyte support and got a replay telling me to reset BIOS.
Cleared CMOS and took out the battery, didn't help =\

Guess I'll take it to the retailer and let them try and fix it.

Is there anything else I could try before that?

Did you clear the settings as per your motherboard manual's instructions or did you just pull the battery? Pulling the battery won't do squat on boards that store settings in FLASH like many new EFI boards do.
m
l
July 31, 2012 8:50:07 AM

Pinhedd said:
Did you clear the settings as per your motherboard manual's instructions or did you just pull the battery? Pulling the battery won't do squat on boards that store settings in FLASH like many new EFI boards do.

Yes I did.
Took out battery and waited for 10 minutes and put it back in.
Then I cleared CMOS using a jumper.
Reconfigured BIOS (Date and Load Fail Safe Defaults) and that didn't help much..
m
l
a c 168 V Motherboard
July 31, 2012 9:19:11 AM

Probably time to RMA the motherboard then unless you have some testing equipment
m
l
July 31, 2012 10:04:44 AM

Pinhedd said:
Probably time to RMA the motherboard then unless you have some testing equipment

At the retailer right now lol

Thank you very much for the assistance! I really appreciate it ^^
m
l
a c 168 V Motherboard
July 31, 2012 10:09:07 AM

Glad I could help
m
l
!