I want to ask something important!!!!

mora420

Distinguished
May 29, 2011
Hi, i have recently bought an ATi radeon HD 4650 AGP card. But when i install it and plug the monitor cable to it monitor does not boot but sound comes as window is booting and starting but the screen remains black.
I want to ask that do i need to install the graphic drivers while the monitor cable is plugged to onboard? Thanx in advance to whoever will solve my problem.

majesticlizard

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2010
Yeah, those newer AGP video cards are often only compatible with specific chipsets. If that board is an older board, it is not going to work with that card, regardless if it is AGP.
My guess is that board has 4x AGP, and that card needs 8x AGP. If you have a VIA chipset that is also going to be a problem.

mora420

Distinguished
May 29, 2011
Thanx for quick reply majesticlizard. Yes you are right it is a very old board. So i need to buy a new motherboard, right? Can you suggest me some ASUS and INTEL motherboard names which will be compatible with ATi radeon HD 4650 . Please reply soon.

You should check for a Bios upgrade for your board first before buying a new board. If you can return the card and get a new board and a PCIE card then that would be the best way to go, you will probably find that you need new Ram as well with a new board.
Mactronix :)

i think it is better to build new computer from the scratch with more recent component. pentium 4 will have to struggle a lot in newer games especially the one that likes cpu core a lot.