How big of a CPU fan will be able to fit in the nMEDIAPC wooden case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jadebrain

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2011

jadebrain

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2011
Dang...

I looked at the link you provided, and I couldn't find any LGA 1155 compatible CPU coolers. I'll probably be waiting for Ivy bridge to come out, and using the most powerful CPU from Ivy bridge that I can afford. Would it be reasonable to expect a low-profile cooler to be able to handle that?

All the 1156 are compatible with 1155 sockets. The low profile cooler can give you better temps and the option to overclock your CPU (if the CPU support overclock).

Another option is contact to the manufacturer and try to find an answer about the max cooler that you can fit inside the case.

jadebrain

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2011
Thanks, I'll contact nMEDIAPC about the size allowed for CPU coolers.

So what you're saying is that any given 1156-compatible CPU cooler will also be compatible with 1155? I just want to make sure.

Also, I will not be overclocking; I just want to have a more stable system, and I almost never use stock coolers.

jadebrain

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2011
To saint19: Thanks for the suggestion. I'll probably get the Geminii S.

To 13thmonkey: I've read reviews for quite a few processors, and most of the reviews recommend getting an aftermarket cooler to increase performance and to get a more stable system. Even if a stock cooler will do the job, I want the increased performance and stability.

Status
Not open for further replies.