Sign in with
Your question

I WANT TO PURCHASE GIGABYTE G1 SNIPER2

Last response: in CPUs
November 1, 2011 9:10:02 PM

IF I PURCHACE THE GIGABYTE G2 SNIPER2 WHICH IS INTEL CORE I7 Z68 CHIPSET SHOULD I WAIT FOR THE IVY BRIDGE PROCESSORS 3700K OR SHOULD I BUY THE NEXT INTEL CORE I7 SANDY BRIDGE PROCESSORS E 3960X OR THE 3970 ....... ALSO SHOULD I WAIT FOR THE NEW GIGABYTE G1 ASSASSIN2 X79 CHIPSET MOTHERBOARD.... THANKS A LOT DIDI GARABEDIAN
November 1, 2011 9:33:32 PM

Caps locks and punctuation are your friends. What do you want to use this computer for, budget, what do you have now, etc.
m
l
a b à CPUs
November 1, 2011 9:33:54 PM

If you purchase the G2 Sniper2 you will not be able to use a SB-E processor. Since the G2 is a socket 1155 board.

If you want to use a 3960x you *have* to buy the X79 board.

btw, take it easy with the caps lock......
m
l
Related resources
November 1, 2011 11:00:14 PM

itzdanielp said:
If you purchase the G2 Sniper2 you will not be able to use a SB-E processor. Since the G2 is a socket 1155 board.

If you want to use a 3960x you *have* to buy the X79 board.

btw, take it easy with the caps lock......

THANKS A LOT FOR THE INFO BUT STILL SHOULD I WAIT FOR THE IVY BRIDGE PROCESSORS THEN FOR THE GIGABYTE G1 SNIPER2 LGA 1155 SOCKET
m
l
November 1, 2011 11:06:06 PM

AxemanACL said:
Caps locks and punctuation are your friends. What do you want to use this computer for, budget, what do you have now, etc.

I HAVE BOUGHT AN HP PAVILION H8-1027 CB WITH HP 2711 MONITOR BUT I AM NOT VERY HAPPY WITH IT ..... I THINK HP USES LOUSY MOTHERBOARDS WHICH GIVE A LOT OF CONFLICT TO THE INTERNET AND MAKING DOWNLOADS TO GAMES AND OTHER STUFF..... THANKS A LOT DIDI
m
l
a c 148 à CPUs
November 1, 2011 11:15:53 PM

There's a little button on the left hand side of the keyboard under the tab. Its called the caps lock button. Press it to turn it off its really hard to constantly read caps lock in every post you make.

I had (actually still have) a HP desktop and a HP laptop. Yea they do use junky mobo's it seems like alot of them are 50 dollar Foxconn's. As for having problems with the internet that has never been a problem with the HP computers I have had but I guess it could be something with the lan chip, lan drivers or a screwed up lan port but I would check your ISP and see what they say. You will not be able to use a SB-E processor with that board you listed because of socket in-compatablity problems.
m
l
a b à CPUs
November 2, 2011 1:43:34 PM

Whether you get SB-E (X79 Socket LGA-2011) or Ivy Bridge (Socket 1155 / 2011) is up to you. The SB-E is coming out in 12 days, the IB chips are coming out in a few months. No one truly knows how well either one is going to perform.
m
l
!