Where to connect my graphics card?

cyborg34572

Distinguished
May 15, 2011
What do you mean by "use it with a ati hd5870"?. If you wanna combine them then thats not possible, their not the same model or even from the same company. To do an SLI/Crossfire setup, you must combine multiple cards of the same brand/model.

spel565

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2010

Use it as a dedicated phyx card.

But my main question is: where should i connect the thing that comes out from the graphiccard (se pics)? And is it necessary? And if i install drivers for 2 different grafphic cards (and brands) does things get buggy?

Ok first off, remove all Nvidia graphics drivers (Uninstall and driver sweep) then remove the 120 completely. Install the 5870 in the topmost PCIe 16 slot. Install the newest drivers off the website.

Now, the 120 is going to be a pretty bad PhysX card, and probably will slow down your gaming and only allow low usage of PhysX in games. FYI, only 21 games (including upcoming titles) use accelerated PhysX...

But if you REALLY want to do it, you need the GenL V1.04ff patch. Download it (and see info) here: http://www.ngohq.com/graphic-cards/17706-hybrid-physx-mod-v1-03-v1-04ff.html

Then you need to install the GT120 in the bottom PCIe 16 slot. Then install the Nvidia drivers AND run the patch right after, and THEN reboot immediately. Should work after that, run FluidMark to find out for sure (check GPU usage in MSI Afterburner). If it's not working, rerun the patch and reboot again.

spel565

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2010

Ok, thx.

So i removed the 5870. put the nvidia card there (did not connect the thing that im suppose to connect directly to the motherboard, cuz i read somewhere that it was for HDMI-audio). I install all drivers, restart. The fan doesnt spin. I install some software for fan control, the fan are at 24% but it doesnt spin. I go to nvidia control panel and change the fan speed to 100%.. it doesnt spin. I spin the fan manually with my hand to see if that will get it to start spinning for realz, and yet. Nothing.

cyborg34572

Distinguished
May 15, 2011
I dont think this is really worth it imo. For physx you dont really want anything below a GTS250. Enabling physx with a GT120 will just kill your framerates. Ive been reading about it aswell and some people have tried using it as a dedicated physx card, for some it didnt work, for some it worked but would just BSOD because it doesnt enough cores, i believe theGT120 has 16, while 32 is required for a dedicated physx card. You wont get any benefit from it.

cyborg34572

Distinguished
May 15, 2011
Hmm my mistake you have GTX not GT. That i believe has 32cores, the minimum required for physx. In that case itl probably work, but again it will probably just lower your framerates with physx on. Btw if the fan is not working, see if you can find another powersource for the cards fan.

That's not what I said to do to get PhysX working lol.

Anyway, that 3pin plug is for the fan. Plug it into the PWR fan plug if you have it, if not, any fan plug on the mobo should work.

But like I and now cyborg stated, it's an absolutely terrible card even for dedicated PhysX. With 32 cuda cores, you don't even have 1/3 of the optimal amount (~100). More than likely it'll cause really bad framerates. If you want to try anyway, follow my instructions exactly.