Thermaltake evo blue 750w correct fan speed problem

Tags:
  • Power Supplies
  • Thermaltake
  • Evo
  • Components
Last response: in Components
November 2, 2011 2:41:40 AM

are evo blue 750w psu's supposed to adjust their fan speeds lower than 500 rpm ? cos mine has whenever i look at in bios its fluctating between 550 rpm and 480 rpm although the specs says 1400rpm +- 10%, i know it changes depending on load. but the bios says its in the red warning zone and i wouldn't have known about it except for my blue screen of death event last week which has me worried that i'll fry my new computer :( 

asus p8z68-m-pro ddr3 1155pin motherboard
g-skill ripjaws-x 8g ddr3 2133
thermaltake spin -q cpu cooler fan
ms 64bit o/s
asus 1gb 6950 pci-e vga card
thermaltake evo blue 750w apfc gaming psu
thermaltake overseer rx-i full tower
intel core i5-2500 3.3ghz 1155pin cpu
kingston hyper-x 120 gb ssd hdd sata3
hope someone can help
thanks
shane

More about : thermaltake evo blue 750w correct fan speed problem

a b ) Power supply
November 2, 2011 3:15:03 AM

Is it hot when touching PSU case with your hand?
Then I think the sensor isn't working (probably).
Still on warranty? If yes then RMA it to get a replacement immediately...
m
l
November 2, 2011 12:43:06 PM

""Is it hot when touching PSU case with your hand?""
no its quite cool
""If yes then RMA it to get a replacement immediately""
what does RMA stand for ?
m
l
Related resources
November 3, 2011 12:44:10 PM

ahhhh, i see :) lol
the place that built it for me just told me to keep using it till it fails then bring it back and then they will hasve a look.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
November 3, 2011 2:43:19 PM

Till it fails??!
You'll regret later when it (PSU) fails and also take the whole of your components die with it...

Well, let's be sure first, download HW Monitor:
http://download.cnet.com/HWMonitor/3000-2094_4-10793486...

Install it and use that program to monitor the temps and the voltage of CPU and the others...
Printscreen and post again here... :) 
m
l
November 6, 2011 3:07:15 PM

i'm not sure how to post an image here, it keeps wanting the url of the picture but its on my hard drive not the internet :( 
m
l
a c 243 ) Power supply
November 6, 2011 3:18:02 PM

hudco said:
are evo blue 750w psu's supposed to adjust their fan speeds lower than 500 rpm ? cos mine has whenever i look at in bios its fluctating between 550 rpm and 480 rpm although the specs says 1400rpm +- 10%, i know it changes depending on load. but the bios says its in the red warning zone and i wouldn't have known about it except for my blue screen of death event last week which has me worried that i'll fry my new computer :( 

Since your power supply does not have a fan rpm cable and can't possibly be giving you an rpm reading I'd look to something other than it as the cause of the problem.
m
l
November 6, 2011 11:04:35 PM

its the bios thats giving me the rpm reading , i've tried contacting thermaltake but they seem to be giving me the run around as to what the evo blue fan speed can go down to , its all very frustrating :( 
m
l
a c 243 ) Power supply
November 6, 2011 11:26:36 PM

hudco said:
its the bios thats giving me the rpm reading , i've tried contacting thermaltake but they seem to be giving me the run around as to what the evo blue fan speed can go down to , its all very frustrating :( 

It's not a reading from the psu.
In order for you to get a reading, wether from the bios or some other software, there would have to be an rpm cable connected from the psu to the motherboard.
Your psu doesn't have one.
m
l
November 10, 2011 3:01:17 AM

then what reading is the bios getting from psu then if its not actually coming from the psu ?
m
l
November 13, 2011 3:04:08 AM

had another blue screen of death yesterday whilst surfing the net , its the last time i'm spending $2,000 on a computer thats for sure :( 
m
l
!