Sign in with
Your question

Thermaltake evo blue 750w correct fan speed problem

Last response: in Components
November 2, 2011 2:41:40 AM

are evo blue 750w psu's supposed to adjust their fan speeds lower than 500 rpm ? cos mine has whenever i look at in bios its fluctating between 550 rpm and 480 rpm although the specs says 1400rpm +- 10%, i know it changes depending on load. but the bios says its in the red warning zone and i wouldn't have known about it except for my blue screen of death event last week which has me worried that i'll fry my new computer :( 

asus p8z68-m-pro ddr3 1155pin motherboard
g-skill ripjaws-x 8g ddr3 2133
thermaltake spin -q cpu cooler fan
ms 64bit o/s
asus 1gb 6950 pci-e vga card
thermaltake evo blue 750w apfc gaming psu
thermaltake overseer rx-i full tower
intel core i5-2500 3.3ghz 1155pin cpu
kingston hyper-x 120 gb ssd hdd sata3
hope someone can help
thanks
shane
a b ) Power supply
November 2, 2011 3:15:03 AM

Is it hot when touching PSU case with your hand?
Then I think the sensor isn't working (probably).
Still on warranty? If yes then RMA it to get a replacement immediately...
November 2, 2011 12:43:06 PM

""Is it hot when touching PSU case with your hand?""
no its quite cool
""If yes then RMA it to get a replacement immediately""
what does RMA stand for ?
Related resources
November 3, 2011 12:44:10 PM

ahhhh, i see :) lol
the place that built it for me just told me to keep using it till it fails then bring it back and then they will hasve a look.
a b ) Power supply
November 3, 2011 2:43:19 PM

Till it fails??!
You'll regret later when it (PSU) fails and also take the whole of your components die with it...

Well, let's be sure first, download HW Monitor:
http://download.cnet.com/HWMonitor/3000-2094_4-10793486...

Install it and use that program to monitor the temps and the voltage of CPU and the others...
Printscreen and post again here... :) 
November 6, 2011 3:07:15 PM

i'm not sure how to post an image here, it keeps wanting the url of the picture but its on my hard drive not the internet :( 
a c 243 ) Power supply
November 6, 2011 3:18:02 PM

hudco said:
are evo blue 750w psu's supposed to adjust their fan speeds lower than 500 rpm ? cos mine has whenever i look at in bios its fluctating between 550 rpm and 480 rpm although the specs says 1400rpm +- 10%, i know it changes depending on load. but the bios says its in the red warning zone and i wouldn't have known about it except for my blue screen of death event last week which has me worried that i'll fry my new computer :( 

Since your power supply does not have a fan rpm cable and can't possibly be giving you an rpm reading I'd look to something other than it as the cause of the problem.
November 6, 2011 11:04:35 PM

its the bios thats giving me the rpm reading , i've tried contacting thermaltake but they seem to be giving me the run around as to what the evo blue fan speed can go down to , its all very frustrating :( 
a c 243 ) Power supply
November 6, 2011 11:26:36 PM

hudco said:
its the bios thats giving me the rpm reading , i've tried contacting thermaltake but they seem to be giving me the run around as to what the evo blue fan speed can go down to , its all very frustrating :( 

It's not a reading from the psu.
In order for you to get a reading, wether from the bios or some other software, there would have to be an rpm cable connected from the psu to the motherboard.
Your psu doesn't have one.
November 10, 2011 3:01:17 AM

then what reading is the bios getting from psu then if its not actually coming from the psu ?
November 13, 2011 3:04:08 AM

had another blue screen of death yesterday whilst surfing the net , its the last time i'm spending $2,000 on a computer thats for sure :( 
!