Sign in with
Your question

Do I need a newer CPU for Black Ops?

Last response: in CPUs
November 2, 2011 2:44:00 AM

Ok guys, I want to play Black Ops but unfortunately when I ran CYRI it shows that my CPU is not good enough. I have an AMD Athlon II X2 250 3.0GHz. It is a dual core and CYRI shows that the minimum is the Intel Core 2 Duo which is also dual core like my Athlon II X2. Do I need to overclock my CPU? If I can OC it, please teach me how. Or if I cannot OC it, do I need to buy a new one? Thanks.

More about : newer cpu black ops

a c 863 à CPUs
November 2, 2011 2:46:45 AM

You should be fine with your current one for BO.
m
l
November 2, 2011 2:49:44 AM

rolli59 said:
You should be fine with your current one for BO.

If I can, how many fps will I get with my new HD5670 1GB?
m
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
November 2, 2011 3:11:52 AM

Black Ops is a bad coded game, as far as I know that game "ask" quad-core cpu to run that game smoothly. But don't worry, that doesn't mean dual core cpu couldn't run, it will run that game but not better than quad. Your CPU speed is already at 3GHz which is nice, maybe you'll suffer some micro stuttering or something like that.

For GPU, what resolution do you play at? For low resolution, HD5670 is enough to run that game with medium setting I think..
m
l
November 3, 2011 4:54:30 AM

not much has changed since callofnoobie 4 so anything above a pentium 4 will handle it just fine.
Sarcasm aside, your rig will handle it just fine even at high resolutions 1920x1080, tho you might need to turn a few things down assuming you max everything out at the start.
A new CPU/GPU wont help with the noobs or the campers... you need Battlefield 3 for that. (sry i couldnt help myself)
m
l
!