Sign in with
Your question

Newegg has FX-8150 back in stock !

Last response: in CPUs
a b à CPUs
November 2, 2011 3:17:36 AM

As the title says, Newegg has FX-8150's back in stock so they have four FX models to choose from now.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=E...

More about : newegg 8150 back stock

a b à CPUs
November 2, 2011 3:34:28 AM

Surely this is a good news for people that want a new CPU, doing some heavy multitasking such as video editing or rendering... :) 
a c 184 à CPUs
November 2, 2011 3:47:57 AM

No point if they have 2500k's in stock also >.>
Related resources
a b à CPUs
November 2, 2011 8:09:37 AM

No one gets discount from being a dedicated fanboy we all pay the same price.
November 2, 2011 8:12:21 AM

Thanks for the info, mate! Looking forward to the 8150 reappearing here in the UK.
a b à CPUs
November 2, 2011 9:15:21 AM

Great news, the worst problem is they don't deliver to India.... I still have to wait till they launch it here...... that's about a month more.
a b à CPUs
November 2, 2011 9:42:37 AM

What's the news on Llano??
a b à CPUs
November 2, 2011 1:25:05 PM

Too late, Newegg has sold out on the FX-8150 CPUs already! Seems like a pretty popular CPU in spite of the hate.

Newegg has desktop Llano CPUs in stock but no laptop Llanos as these are all going to the OEMs. I expect Trinity to show in early '12 so that should be a nice bump in laptop performance.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=E...

a c 83 à CPUs
November 2, 2011 8:16:54 PM

Nothing like paying $280 for a processor that consumes more power and is only slightly faster in some benchmarks than a cpu that is $170...aka FX 8150 vs Phenom II X6 1090T.

Now if the 8120 was priced at $180 or so than it would be worth it.

It's really not a popular cpu, there is a major supply shortage with AMD's 32nm, they had to lower expected revenue because of it. AMD couldn't even supply all retailers with FX cpus on launch day, Microcenter had them listed as arriving soon.
a b à CPUs
November 2, 2011 8:53:50 PM

^^^ People buy what makes them happy. An FX CPU is an upgrade for many people and depending on the use it may well be better for them than an X4 or X6. In addition the FX series OC's well so there is more benefit than with Deneb or Thurban for many folks.

Newegg had CPUs on launch day as did Tigerdirect. Demand FAR exceeds supply for Llano, BD based Opteron and the FX series. Even without production problems it's unlikely AMD could meet demand, which is why Fab 8 needs to get online A.S.A.P.

Cray got the first 10,000 BD based Opterons and has standing orders for more for their Super Computers. AMD got 130 more OEMs onboard with Llano for laptops. Even with GloFo production issues AMD was profitable this past quarter so they seem to be doing something right.
a b à CPUs
November 10, 2011 12:45:47 AM

Stop the bickering please.
November 10, 2011 1:44:05 AM

I would consider an 8120 just for kicks if there was a fix for all the BSOD issues in steampowered games, don't want to take the bet that it is just steampowered games that BD issues with. Just google it, shogun 2, team fortress 2, even Deus Ex, an AMD game...the fact that it isn't mainstream news also concerns me as it means a fix will either be complicated or non-existent.
November 10, 2011 2:10:59 AM

beenthere said:
^^^ People buy what makes them happy. An FX CPU is an upgrade for many people and depending on the use it may well be better for them than an X4 or X6. In addition the FX series OC's well so there is more benefit than with Deneb or Thurban for many folks.

Newegg had CPUs on launch day as did Tigerdirect. Demand FAR exceeds supply for Llano, BD based Opteron and the FX series. Even without production problems it's unlikely AMD could meet demand, which is why Fab 8 needs to get online A.S.A.P.

Cray got the first 10,000 BD based Opterons and has standing orders for more for their Super Computers. AMD got 130 more OEMs onboard with Llano for laptops. Even with GloFo production issues AMD was profitable this past quarter so they seem to be doing something right.

Buying a crappy cpu makes people happy? Demand exceeds supply because AMD can't make many. BD may make a good supercomputer processor but it sucks for desktops. Amd is cutting 10 percent of their workforce, thats good news?
a b à CPUs
November 10, 2011 2:27:53 AM

Crappy in what regards?
I mean 300usd 2600k vs a 130usd cpu which will give you the same performance with the same gpu at 1080p.
November 10, 2011 5:54:14 AM

Homeboy2 said:
Buying a crappy cpu makes people happy? Demand exceeds supply because AMD can't make many. BD may make a good supercomputer processor but it sucks for desktops. Amd is cutting 10 percent of their workforce, thats good news?

I guess it's no coincidence that your avatar is a Georgian madman? :D 
But seriously, you simply do not know what priorities the people who buy FX have. The 8150 is better than a 2600k in some areas - what makes a CPU "good" or "bad" is what you will use it for and where its strength's are.
November 10, 2011 6:44:41 AM

tulx said:
I guess it's no coincidence that your avatar is a Georgian madman? :D 
But seriously, you simply do not know what priorities the people who buy FX have. The 8150 is better than a 2600k in some areas - what makes a CPU "good" or "bad" is what you will use it for and where its strength's are.

Overall,Fx is a big fail, Uncle Joe was simply misunderstood :D 
December 8, 2011 8:59:59 PM

Welve said:
I would consider an 8120 just for kicks if there was a fix for all the BSOD issues in steampowered games, don't want to take the bet that it is just steampowered games that BD issues with. Just google it, shogun 2, team fortress 2, even Deus Ex, an AMD game...the fact that it isn't mainstream news also concerns me as it means a fix will either be complicated or non-existent.

I have an FX-8150 paired with dual Radeon 6850's running Windows 7 64-bit and have played 29 games on Steam and 8 on Origin and haven't had issues with a single one including Shogun 2, Deus EX, or BF3. In fact the performance is hands-down better than my old rig with an Intel Core i7 920. Extremely unlikely a CPU would be the cause of a game crash. Since when has that ever been the case? It's more likely related to a graphics card / driver conflict. What I can tell you is that the FX series performance is much better than the reviews would lead you to believe (including our friends here at TH). Wouldn't be surprised if it's just propaganda by Intel or their fans.
!