Sign in with
Your question

Gigabyte Windforce GTX 570 or EVGA's Superclocked

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 30, 2011 7:56:57 PM

Both are similar priced EVGA has a displayport which is nice. Just trying to see which one has a better chance of getting 900mhz Core. Any suggestions?
a b Î Nvidia
May 30, 2011 8:49:56 PM

I do not know the products you are looking at but the manufacturers are both from the top draw. Gigabyte cards tend to OC well judging by reviews i have read while i know that EVGA grade their chips and only the best go into the super clocked cards.
Without having a link to each card its a big guessing game but things like what coolers are fitted and the cooling of other parts of the card along with the power circuitry would all play a part in which one would maybe OC better.
If the EVGA card is the standard cooler then i would get the wind force card.

Mactronix :) 
Related resources
May 30, 2011 10:04:42 PM

purple stank said:
What are your full system specs?

What is the make/model of your power supply?

Are these the cards your talking about?

EVGA Superclocked
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Gigabyte Windforce

Can't find any reviews of the 2 cards but I would say the Windforce would have a lot better cooling.

im currently building a system but its a 2600k, z68 system will have a 850w psu(probably corsair hx)
and yes those are the cards I'm trying to decide on... gigabyte should have the better cooling my only thing with evga is I heard that superclocked versions have the best components put into them(not sure if true but what I've read)
a b Î Nvidia
May 30, 2011 10:18:23 PM

EVGA do cherry pick the chips but as its inside a standard cooler and shroud i would expect its OCing ability to be hindered.
the windforce would be my pick if i was looking to get maximum OC from one of those 2 cards.

Mactronix :) 
a b Î Nvidia
May 30, 2011 10:24:57 PM

Yah if your planning on O.C.ing you want the card thats going to have the coolest temps.Aftermarket cooling is one of the most important things to look at when looking twards a new card.

Whats your budget for the GTX570?
I saw a few other GTX570's that have really good cooling but i'm not sure if their in your price range.
May 30, 2011 11:12:50 PM

Quote:
^+1
I say get the EVGA and then add aftermarket cooler or -
go for the Twin Frozr III PE OC at 770MHz

that added with Afterburner (by the way, only a hiccup less of a stock OC than the others)
and the fact that it already runs up to 18% cooler out of the box with military class II components.
I would get this one..

at that price id probably just go with a 6970 for the extra ram.. i dunno trying to decide if i even need these or maybe just go with the msi 560 ti with rebate is only like 230 right now then sli it in like 6 months... dunno but purchasing tomorrow so guess I need to decide!
a b Î Nvidia
May 30, 2011 11:15:44 PM

The GTX560ti sounds like a way better deal.And a GTX560ti SLI is much more powerful than a single GTX570.Your also not streching your budget and you can get the best GTX560ti you can.
May 30, 2011 11:32:46 PM

purple stank said:
The GTX560ti sounds like a way better deal.And a GTX560ti SLI is much more powerful than a single GTX570.Your also not streching your budget and you can get the best GTX560ti you can.

still trying to decide if the 570 is worth 100 more.. I been reading reviews and forums left and right and half the people say 570 is well worth the money and others say just get the 560ti and OC to 900+ core

and just say the evga gtx 580 with rebate is down to $435... more than I want to spend on a graphics card but damn tempting
May 31, 2011 12:02:12 AM

thanks for the feedback.. think its going to come down to when I have everything in my cart ill leave gpu for last and see how much i want to really spend :p 
May 31, 2011 1:34:33 AM

Quote:
^
do not skimp on the cpu, motherboard, RAM, HDD and gfx card..
that's just about everything important.. :sol: 
LOL.

lol yea not skimping on anything really just trying to weigh out how much I really want to spend on my graphics card... mostly just play rift for games anyways but i would like to be able to play that max'd out
a b Î Nvidia
May 31, 2011 2:05:31 AM

What resoultion are you gaming at?

List all the games you would play.I think once we know what games you play we can make your decsion on choosing a GPU a lot easier.If your playing games like Rift you don't need more than a GTX560ti.I mean you could probably go even lower and still max it out.
May 31, 2011 2:15:15 AM

purple stank said:
What resoultion are you gaming at?

List all the games you would play.I think once we know what games you play we can make your decsion on choosing a GPU a lot easier.If your playing games like Rift you don't need more than a GTX560ti.I mean you could probably go even lower and still max it out.

res is 1920 x 1200 mostly playing rift right now will be playing dragon age II and witcher 2 oh and portal 2. I do a fare share of video encoding as well which is one of the reason was going nvidia over radeon. Any I play FPS's every now and then but mostly MMO's and RPG's
a b Î Nvidia
May 31, 2011 2:52:24 AM

Witcher 2 is the most demanding game your going to be playing.You should be able to get on high settings if you O.C. your i7.That game is really CPU intensive but I think your Sandy Bridge should be able to handle it alright.Other than that game the GTX560ti should easily max out everything else.
May 31, 2011 3:01:42 AM

purple stank said:
Witcher 2 is the most demanding game your going to be playing.You should be able to get on high settings if you O.C. your i7.That game is really CPU intensive but I think your Sandy Bridge should be able to handle it alright.Other than that game the GTX560ti should easily max out everything else.

main game im waiting for is the next elder scrolls but by the time that comes out i could buy another TI for SLI
!