Brand new card with artifacts and display driver stopped

lucky_shot

Distinguished
May 30, 2011
Well this is a brand knew problem I recently got a new video card 550 ti but I can only play games for a couple minutes then the screen gets multicolor artifacts and it crashes to black screen and I have to hard reset. You guys have prolly seen this before but I have tried so many solutions, disabling sound drivers, driver reinstall, etc. I do use driversweeper when I update.

Heres a link to what it looks like (the error): http://www.windows7taskforce.com/uploads/display%20driver%20stopped%20responding8.png

Some times i see that error and I dont have to hardreset and sometimes I do have to. This happens in all my games and sometimes just simple webbrowsing.

blakmumba

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2010
Is yr pc overclocked? try with the side case panel off and if possible with a fan blowing directly onto the graphic card and if this solves yr problem rest assured its a heat problem.

lucky_shot

Distinguished
May 30, 2011

Nope I dont think so considering the temps leading up during the crash I was playing crysis during this log the temps stayed under 40 c during the whole time I was playing at the exact time of the crash it was 38 c

Gamer-girl

Distinguished
May 29, 2010

When you say you reinstalled the drivers can you be more specific, what are the steps you took?

Did you use a disk or did you download it from somewhere and which version?

Did you know the latest version is 270.61 WHQL?

Also can you check device manager to see if there is any errors or disabled drivers?