Seasonic or Corsair psu??

Both of them are a GREAT PSU, really. Choose whichever that looks good in your eyes. :)

Seasonic has 2A more on 12V rails, nah, don't worry about that, both are great. Seasonic is cheaper and has more GOOD reviews, so I think I would go with Seasonic If I were you... ;)

4745454b

Titan
Of the two PSUs in the OP, I would pick the Seasonic. No rebate to get hosed on, and 80gold instead of 80 bronze. It's better all the way around. Of all the PSUs linked so far, I'd buy the XFX750. Yes it's 80silver, but its much cheaper. And I think the XFX units are still Seasonic anyways.

Swifty, I think the HX is made by CWT now. Corsair has CWT make most of their PSUs now. I think Seasonic only makes their highest end now, the AX?

In the Corsair Professional Series the CMPSU-450HX, CMPSU-520HX, CMPSU-620HX and CMPSU-650HX models use Seasonic as their OEM. The CMPSU-750HX, CMPSU-850HX, CMPSU-1000HX and CMPSU-1050HX models use CWT as their OEM.

The CORSAIR Professional Series HX650 (CMPSU-650HX), that the OP linked to, is made by Seasonic.

All of the new hybrid modular TX models use CWT as their OEM. Their non-modular TX equivalents use Seasonic as their OEM.

There is only one Corsair PSU that doesn't use either Seasonic or CWT as the OEM, it's the Corsair Professional Series Gold AX1200 (CMPSU-1200AX) that uses Flextronics as its OEM.

XMSYellowbeard

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2006

Good post and thanks for clarifying :bounce: