P8Z77-V boot problem after soundcard installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

themissingpiece

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2011
Today I received my Asus Xonar DG Soundcard from Amazon. I read in the manual for the card that I should disable my onboard audio, so I booted into my Asus P8Z77-V's UEFI and disabled it. I installed the audiocard, plugged everything back in, and lo and behold, no response from the computer. I removed the soundcard, and again, no boot. I even removed my videocard, and all SATA drives and fans, so only the power connectors and case switches remained plugged in. Still no response. I'm inclined to believe that my case (a slightly modded Cooler Master HAF 912) has a broken switch, but I'm not sure, since I got the case just last year, brand new. Any help?

themissingpiece

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2011

I got no response from the system. What now? I'm getting pretty scared now, and I'm afraid that I might have to RMA my motherboard to Asus, and I've heard horror stories about how bad Asus's RMA service is.

themissingpiece

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2011
Intel Corei5 2500k
Asus P8Z77-V
16GB Patriot Sector 5 DDR3 1600
120GB OCZ Vertex 3 (boot)
2TB Hitachi Deskstar 5900rpm (data)
EVGA GTX 460 SE SuperClocked
Thermaltake Toughpower 775W Power Supply
Cooler Master HAF 912
Asus Xonar DG (soudncard)

themissingpiece

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2011
I will. Is it ok if I head to my nearest Fry's (tech store) and buy a replacement motherboard, but return it later while Asus RMAs it? Because right now I really need to use my computer and access my data, but no way access it. And I'll try to be as gentle with the motherboard as possible. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.