Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Need advice First System

Last response: in Systems
Share
August 4, 2011 8:46:07 PM

I am building my first and want to make sure every is compatible. I have a budget of $400-$600. This will be a general purpose system/no gaming. I am not sure if I should go with the AMD processor with this budget or if I would be better of to go with an Intel processor.


Crucial M4 CT064M4SSD2 2.5" 64GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
Item #: N82E16820148441

Seagate Barracuda ST500DM002 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
Item #: N82E16822148767

COOLER MASTER Elite RC-310-BWN1-GP Black Steel / Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
Item #: N82E16811119203

Antec EarthWatts Green EA-380D Green 380W Continuous power ATX12V v2.3 / EPS12V 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply
Item #: N82E16817371033

G.SKILL NS 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600) Desktop Memory Model F3-10600CL9D-4GBNS

ASUS DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS Black SATA 24X DVD Burner - Bulk - OEM
Item #: N82E16827135204

GIGABYTE GA-A75M-S2V FM1 AMD A75 (Hudson D3) SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
Item #: N82E16813128516

AMD A6-3650 Llano 2.6GHz Socket FM1 100W Quad-Core Desktop APU AD3650WNGXBOX
Item #: N82E16819103943

More about : advice system

Best solution

August 4, 2011 9:53:01 PM

dismasd said:
I am building my first and want to make sure every is compatible. I have a budget of $400-$600. This will be a general purpose system/no gaming. I am not sure if I should go with the AMD processor with this budget or if I would be better of to go with an Intel processor.


Crucial M4 CT064M4SSD2 2.5" 64GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
Item #: N82E16820148441

Seagate Barracuda ST500DM002 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
Item #: N82E16822148767

COOLER MASTER Elite RC-310-BWN1-GP Black Steel / Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
Item #: N82E16811119203

Antec EarthWatts Green EA-380D Green 380W Continuous power ATX12V v2.3 / EPS12V 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply
Item #: N82E16817371033

G.SKILL NS 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600) Desktop Memory Model F3-10600CL9D-4GBNS

ASUS DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS Black SATA 24X DVD Burner - Bulk - OEM
Item #: N82E16827135204

GIGABYTE GA-A75M-S2V FM1 AMD A75 (Hudson D3) SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
Item #: N82E16813128516

AMD A6-3650 Llano 2.6GHz Socket FM1 100W Quad-Core Desktop APU AD3650WNGXBOX
Item #: N82E16819103943



Looks pretty good. I would suggest comparing prices with those components and a Intel i3-2100/H67 mobo. Great psu choice.
Share
Related resources
August 4, 2011 11:08:29 PM

geekapproved said:
Looks pretty good. I would suggest comparing prices with those components and a Intel i3-2100/H67 mobo. Great psu choice.

Dont bother with "H67/P67/Z68" because you dont got a OverClockable CPU so go with "H61"... Just get a small shuttle PC because you can get a GTx 560(Not Ti) and an i3-2100 and 8GB of RAMs with 500GB Sata III Internal Drive and that's mostly it... Just copy NCIX Tech Tips' Shuttle Build in the link I posted
m
0
l
August 5, 2011 1:22:29 PM

legendkiller said:
Dont bother with "H67/P67/Z68" because you dont got a OverClockable CPU so go with "H61"... Just get a small shuttle PC because you can get a GTx 560(Not Ti) and an i3-2100 and 8GB of RAMs with 500GB Sata III Internal Drive and that's mostly it... Just copy NCIX Tech Tips' Shuttle Build in the link I posted


You do NOT want H61, it does not have Sata6gbps for your new hdd's. That is why I recommended H67.
m
0
l
August 5, 2011 4:12:57 PM

geekapproved said:
You do NOT want H61, it does not have Sata6gbps for your new hdd's. That is why I recommended H67.

Sata 2 and Sata 3 doesn't really matters due to max speed write/read of 70-80MB/s unless you "RAID" it...
m
0
l
August 5, 2011 5:07:19 PM

Ok who here want's to use Sata II with their brand new SSD? Especially when the price difference between a H61 and H67 (asrock) is $5. Anybody?
m
0
l
August 5, 2011 6:26:28 PM

Upon further review of Asrock's on Newegg, there are H61's with Sata6gbps.
m
0
l
Anonymous
August 5, 2011 6:39:00 PM

geekapproved said:
Ok who here want's to use Sata II with their brand new SSD? Especially when the price difference between a H61 and H67 (asrock) is $5. Anybody?


This..... And the SATA III cannot be used with HDD's to optimal performance because you'd need a very good spinning HDD and one that can handle 6.0 GB/s... But now with SSD's... That's a different story since they dont have spinning discs in them, They DO double the speed. Although the HDD is pointless it is always better to be ready in case you want a SSD next year and can use it so go with the H67
m
0
l
August 5, 2011 10:31:30 PM

Anonymous said:
This..... And the SATA III cannot be used with HDD's to optimal performance because you'd need a very good spinning HDD and one that can handle 6.0 GB/s... But now with SSD's... That's a different story since they dont have spinning discs in them, They DO double the speed. Although the HDD is pointless it is always better to be ready in case you want a SSD next year and can use it so go with the H67

HDD are not useless, It's for storage, For example, would you spend $1000 on a 10GB drive at 10000GB/s? SSD isn't even ment for gaming when it just load faster by 5-20 seconds...
m
0
l
Anonymous
August 5, 2011 10:44:21 PM

legendkiller said:
HDD are not useless, It's for storage, For example, would you spend $1000 on a 10GB drive at 10000GB/s? SSD isn't even ment for gaming when it just load faster by 5-20 seconds...


SSD's are faster, 5-20 seconds is a lot! And they generate no heat and are very very sturdy, no problems like HDD's....

And @the OP:

Get the i3-2100 + http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

The Llano processor is really bad compared to the i3-2100 and similar price ranges, It is more logical to get the above for like $50 more... Also note you'll need to change your mobo to LGA 1155 if you do take my suggestion!
m
0
l
August 5, 2011 10:55:19 PM

Anonymous said:
SSD's are faster, 5-20 seconds is a lot! And they generate no heat and are very very sturdy, no problems like HDD's....

5-20 Seconds is not a lot dude, Would you want it to have 1 game and open it in 20 seconds or do you want 300 games and load them in 40 seconds? Would you want 10000GB HDD for $50 or 500GB SSD for $2000? HDD are doign just fine, who needs the extra speed when "ALL" games are the same, for example, im playing Warcraft 3, the game load so fast, i have to wait for the next 10 second for other people to finish or like Black Ops and I got the game load in 5 seconds awhile others takes 20 seconds... Who needs the extra speed when the "Time To Play" is the same for everyone... Starting 15 seconds earlier b4 everyone is just cheating and lame and lots of games dont even do the first load first kill... I Coulda have gotten 12GB and get this RamDisk and use it to make a 4GB Partition and install a game with it "Owns" Registry like Warcraft 3 and load game faster, faster than SSD...
m
0
l
Anonymous
August 6, 2011 12:28:59 AM

legendkiller said:
5-20 Seconds is not a lot dude, Would you want it to have 1 game and open it in 20 seconds or do you want 300 games and load them in 40 seconds? Would you want 10000GB HDD for $50 or 500GB SSD for $2000? HDD are doign just fine, who needs the extra speed when "ALL" games are the same, for example, im playing Warcraft 3, the game load so fast, i have to wait for the next 10 second for other people to finish or like Black Ops and I got the game load in 5 seconds awhile others takes 20 seconds... Who needs the extra speed when the "Time To Play" is the same for everyone... Starting 15 seconds earlier b4 everyone is just cheating and lame and lots of games dont even do the first load first kill... I Coulda have gotten 12GB and get this RamDisk and use it to make a 4GB Partition and install a game with it "Owns" Registry like Warcraft 3 and load game faster, faster than SSD...


You keep the games in your HDD so while you have 10000GB of storage for your games you have 500GB programs on your SSD + you enjoy the speed of it :) 
m
0
l
August 8, 2011 5:42:19 PM

Best answer selected by dismasd.
m
0
l
!