Is My Phenom II x6 1045t bottlenecking my 560 ti?

JesuSxINxAxBox

Distinguished
May 20, 2010
My main question is, is my Phenom II x6 1045t @ 2.7 GHz bottlenecking my Zotac GTX 560 Ti OC. I see people running their games maxed out with completely stable FPS, mine IS maxed out, but it lags sometimes when there seems to be heavy processes going on. I can't overclock this CPU because it's an OEM build from HP. Specifically the HPE-410f. (Don't worry, I got a new Corsair 700 watt PSU)

Thanks!

Well, i play BF3 on the default clock 2.8 with my HD 6950 and no problem at all, the game has been clearly depending on GPU not CPU so you should be fine even @ Ultra and get a solid 35-40 FPS.

Edit: I'm OCing my GPU, try to OC yours a little bit higher.

JesuSxINxAxBox

Distinguished
May 20, 2010
I tried overclocking it from 850 to 950 mhz, raised the voltage from 1000 to 1025 mV and the Piece of *** blue screened. The temps are fine and I get great airflow with all my extra fans. Excude my language, but i'm reading clocks of well over 1 ghz or at 1 ghz on here. It's too late to take it back now, so I just have to suck it up I guess. It's alright for what I'm trying to do. Even though this junk artifacts all the time.

(That's mostly a rant, I appologize. I just tested for artifacts on ATITool, and it blue screens. It makes me really angry.)

JesuSxINxAxBox

Distinguished
May 20, 2010

Nah, it's alright, I'm scared to raise my voltage any more than it already is, my card is running at 45C idle. 67C max load. That's too warm idle in my opinion, so I don't want to raise it any more. I'm also scared of completely destroying the card, because I do NOT have another $250 lying around.

Sorry, i forgot that you own a GTX 560Ti not HD 6950.

Yes your current voltage seems to be alright, you should get more (about 980 MHz) at this voltage. Try to lower shader & memory clock lower bit if you're OCing them.

Also, GTX 560ti is superb @ 1680 x 1050, you can max out the game at this res. No need to lower your resolution.

Actually it does matter. OEM machines have cheap boards and cheap power supplies.

Your just asking to blow power regulation circuits and overload PSU's by OCing an OEM machine.

dieselsilvia

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2010
hey,
i have a 1045t running with a new hd 7850..
-idle is 45c, but that's according to bios.
-i just installed AC freezer7 and no noticeable temp changes
-i also have lags in performance w/ d3 esp
-im not happy with the temp range, but ive heard the bios can be wrong on my board

TRENDING THREADS