Worth upgrading my Antec 1200? CM HAF X or Corsair Obsidian

malikq86

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2011
I currently have an Antec 1200...been using it for almost 4 years now..and it has been amazing. It came with like 8 stock fans...and it cools my system very well. I only do Air..no Water. The filters on fans (that other cases lack) can be annoying to clean every 2/3 months or so, but i think its worth it to keep the inside of my case clean (reduce gpu dust clog, etc.). I also think it looks better than most other cases that have crazy ugly case designs. Installing/swapping hardware isn't the most friendly...but it's not like I do that often..if ever.

However, I am building a new system and was thinking whether there are significantly better case options out there. Perhaps the COOLER MASTER HAF X or Corsair Obsidian Series 800D?? I know they are superior in cable management...but I am not sure whether its worth the upgrade.

What do you guys think...should I upgrade the case..or leave it? Is it worth buying a new case or should I keep my Antec 1200 case? I am just not sure if these new cases have significant features I am currently missing out on.

spookyman

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2011
The Antec 1200 is a fantastic case. I agree it will be hard to replace. I have 2 of them and fantastic for cooling.

Now the only reason for an upgrade would be for the front panel ports.

Now as for the Cooler Master Haf X. Its a great case and has great cable management. You will not go wrong with this case. Cannot speak on the Corsair Obsidian series though.

malikq86

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2011

I'm not asking you to make a decision..I am asking for advice/feedback/knowledge. I am just not sure if these new cases have significant features I am currently missing out on with my Antec 1200. Ideally, would like to hear from someone that had or has the Antec 1200 and switched cases.

What features do you feel you are missing? Are you missing them enough to spend in excess of $100.00 to get them? :eek: As a general rule, I wouldn't replace my case unless I were going to build a new machine. :pfff:

slcmike

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2011

Agreed...

I wont replace my case even on a new build unless its absolutely necessary.