Motherboard like Dell XPS 410?

Hey everyone I am looking for a motherboard ike the Dell XPS 410 as in it has an extended part of the motherboard, allowing for more pci slots and such, that was LGA 775 for my case. I need a Baby AT or a Micro ATX motherboard. Does something like that exist? Also it would have to be DDR3.
Thanks,

Francesco
Reply to Frantinoro
11 answers Last reply
More about motherboard dell
  1. anybody know of something like that?
    Reply to Frantinoro
  2. The Dell XPS 410 motherboard is a full size BTX form factor motherboard.

What computer case form factor are you you trying to fit this new motherboard into, ATX or BTX?

You're mentioning Baby-AT and Micro-ATX motherboards but neither one are BTX form factor.
    Reply to ko888
  3. well its strange because in my case, I have plenty of room going back, but none on the sides. What i was hoping for was like an extended micro atx motherboard, so i could have more PCI slots or something, because I really only have 2.
    Reply to Frantinoro
  4. The BTX form factor is a dead end (i.e. all BTX development ceased in 2006) so you're not going to find what you're looking for.
    Reply to ko888
  5. ok well is there a motherboard that is micro atx, but a little longer, i.e like 8.5 x 13 or something instead or 8.5x11
    Reply to Frantinoro
  6. If you're trying to fit the new motherboard into the original Dell XPS 410 case note the location of the expansion slots and back I/O ports on the motherboard in the following images. They are completely incompatible form factors. You cannot replace one with the other.

BTX Form Factor

Micro-ATX Form Factor
    Reply to ko888
  7. No let me explain, I bought a new case, and I like the size of the Dell motherboard. I want a Micro ATX motherboard that is extended link the Dell XPS 410 motherboard, allowing for more PCI slots and such.
    Reply to Frantinoro
  8. Frantinoro said:
    No let me explain, I bought a new case, and I like the size of the Dell motherboard. I want a Micro ATX motherboard that is extended link the Dell XPS 410 motherboard, allowing for more PCI slots and such.

That would be called a full size ATX motherboard.

What CPU is going to be used?
    Reply to ko888
  9. No the only problem is an ATX motherboard is about an inch wider than a Micro ATX motherboard and I dont ave any room that way, thats why im looking for an extended micro atx motherboard. But my processor is a Core 2 Duo E6600
    Reply to Frantinoro
  10. I think this board should fit and work; but I haven't tested it yet. It is NEW Dell Optiplex 780 Board:-
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Dell-Optiplex-780-SFF-System-Board-Motherboard-3NVJ6-DDR3-Intel-Socket-775-/121977820005?hash=item1c6671d365:g:boEAAOSw2x1XK6m2
    Reply to Modaya from SL
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

Motherboards Dell Studio Xps