Sign in with
Your question

Motherboard like Dell XPS 410?

Last response: in Motherboards
August 1, 2012 7:44:17 AM

Hey everyone I am looking for a motherboard ike the Dell XPS 410 as in it has an extended part of the motherboard, allowing for more pci slots and such, that was LGA 775 for my case. I need a Baby AT or a Micro ATX motherboard. Does something like that exist? Also it would have to be DDR3.
Thanks,

Francesco
August 1, 2012 4:21:43 PM

anybody know of something like that?
Related resources
a c 206 V Motherboard
August 1, 2012 4:52:21 PM

The Dell XPS 410 motherboard is a full size BTX form factor motherboard.

What computer case form factor are you you trying to fit this new motherboard into, ATX or BTX?

You're mentioning Baby-AT and Micro-ATX motherboards but neither one are BTX form factor.
August 1, 2012 4:59:17 PM

well its strange because in my case, I have plenty of room going back, but none on the sides. What i was hoping for was like an extended micro atx motherboard, so i could have more PCI slots or something, because I really only have 2.
a c 206 V Motherboard
August 1, 2012 5:10:46 PM

The BTX form factor is a dead end (i.e. all BTX development ceased in 2006) so you're not going to find what you're looking for.
August 1, 2012 5:19:53 PM

ok well is there a motherboard that is micro atx, but a little longer, i.e like 8.5 x 13 or something instead or 8.5x11
a c 206 V Motherboard
August 1, 2012 5:45:12 PM

If you're trying to fit the new motherboard into the original Dell XPS 410 case note the location of the expansion slots and back I/O ports on the motherboard in the following images. They are completely incompatible form factors. You cannot replace one with the other.

BTX Form Factor

Micro-ATX Form Factor
August 2, 2012 12:26:04 AM

No let me explain, I bought a new case, and I like the size of the Dell motherboard. I want a Micro ATX motherboard that is extended link the Dell XPS 410 motherboard, allowing for more PCI slots and such.
a c 206 V Motherboard
August 2, 2012 12:30:50 AM

Frantinoro said:
No let me explain, I bought a new case, and I like the size of the Dell motherboard. I want a Micro ATX motherboard that is extended link the Dell XPS 410 motherboard, allowing for more PCI slots and such.

That would be called a full size ATX motherboard.

What CPU is going to be used?
August 2, 2012 12:52:19 AM

No the only problem is an ATX motherboard is about an inch wider than a Micro ATX motherboard and I dont ave any room that way, thats why im looking for an extended micro atx motherboard. But my processor is a Core 2 Duo E6600
!