Help me please!

nekko

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2009
Just finished putting my computer together. It posted fine! Ran it in the BIOS for around 30 minutes the first time it was turned on and everythign seemed okay in the BIOS. RAM was recognized, HDD, etc etc.

Well... I put in Windows 7 to install it and it gets to the 'Splash' "Starting Windows" and then after about 5 seconds of seeing that it turns off.. Waits about 3 seconds.. Then turns back on. :cry:

Specs:
Intel Core i7-2600K
GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
Samsung 2TB Serial ATA HD 5400
Corsair HX650W
Corsair CWCH50
2x Corsair CMP4GX3M2A1600C9 Dominator
Asus DRW-24B1ST
2x EVGA 01G-P3-1450-TR GeForce GTS 450

I have tried with every stick of RAM by them selves. Taken out both of my video cards and just used on board also.

Help please! :(

nekko

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2009

would that cause the computer to power down tho?

But yes it is scratched but I have installed it on a computer before and it is a legal copy.

G

Well on some Motherboards it might restart if it cannot read a disc due to being damaged... This happened to my laptop, the CD drive was broken so i couldn't install windows and was stuck on a freaking NTLDR is missing problem, This may not be your problem though.... Maybe It's both your RAM... (very unlikely)... I'm not an expert though, have you referred to this:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-boot-video-problems

nekko

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2009
Yes. I have tried 4 different sticks of RAM. So I doubt they are all bad. Thanks

It is NOT the disk. Tried a server 2008 disk just to see if it would go and it did the exact same thing :( :(

G

What a poor puppy!

Well sorry i'm not so useful i'm just trying to think of reason why... Maybe a specific section in your motherboard is bad or your Hardrives?

G

Hmm... Well good luck with your build, I'm a newbie so i'm not so helpful i know, Wait until an expert comes in! Good luck!!!

nekko

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2009
Got past my usual shutdown spot! :)I am at 'Expanding Windows' right now. I disabled 'USB Legacy' and overclocked my RAM to 1600 MHz because the motherboard had it set to 1333 and I set the DRAM voltage to 1.650 since that is the volts my RAM says to be at and the MOBO had it at 1.5v

G

Glad you got it sorted it!!! :p The RAM I'm getting is patriot 8GB which runs at 1.65v and well maybe this will help me in the future :p Very glad you got your problem sorted out :) and this may help out me and others in the future!

TRENDING THREADS