August 1, 2012 11:34:15 AM

AMD PhenomII 970 x4 3.5ghz
2x4gb Crosair Vengence RAM
ASUS 88 Motherboard
AMD raedon HD 5770
500gb Segate HD
500w PSU
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Due to excessive lag in games, mostly battlefield 3. I ran the windows memory diagnostic. The test detected hardware issues (exactly what?) no idea. so i remove one of the 4gb RAM, ran the test again... it doesnot show errors. I remove and replace the other RAM,windows detects error. makes me feel like one of the RAM is faulty!!

The lag in games still persists in Battlefield 3 (Multiplayer only) and GRFS, regardless of which RAM is used and what amount (4/8 GB)

Prime85 test detected Error about the RAM. So i removed and placed again, ran Prime... no errors this time. But windows mem diagnostic still detects hardware issue when both the RAMs are used

How do i confirm that if the RAM is faulty? The game lags is because of the RAM or anything else??? I doubt if it's the graphics card as Single player runs fine.

More about : hardware issue detected

Best solution

a c 146 } Memory
August 1, 2012 11:47:17 AM

Insert all the RAM and reset the BIOS.

Reset the CMOS memory the right way as is described in the motherboard manual using the clear CMOS link with the power cord unplugged.
And when the battery is out, press the power button to discharge all the electricity from the system.
How To Clear CMOS @ http://pcsupport.about.com/od/fixtheproblem/tp/clearcmo...

August 1, 2012 12:11:21 PM

Will try reseting the BIOS... and post reply
m
l
Related resources
a c 146 } Memory
August 1, 2012 12:18:06 PM

Cool : )
m
l
August 1, 2012 6:57:15 PM

Cleared the CMOS... still windows memory diagnostic shows hardware problems detected....
m
l
a c 146 } Memory
August 1, 2012 7:00:47 PM

Well, its the RAM than.

But also, problems with RAM are related to bad PSU.

Can u try another RAM or PSU?
m
l
August 1, 2012 7:59:31 PM

I have already ordered another 4GB Vengeance RAM (still to receive)..... yes like i said... when i use the other RAM i do not get the message "Hardware Problems Detected" But my question is; Is windows memory diagnostic reliable? I mean based on it i have ordered another RAM.. hope its for nothing...!!!
m
l
August 3, 2012 2:54:57 PM

Best answer selected by sunnyrokxx.
m
l
a c 146 } Memory
August 3, 2012 2:59:24 PM

It may be the right decision.
m
l