GTX 460 728mb in SLI + Nvidia Surround

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metsuna

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2009
Hey guys, I currently have a one monitor set up using 2 EVGA GTX 460 728mb and I am really interested in doing a Nvidia Surround set up.

Do you guys think that my cards can handle 3 screens in 1080P? I know I won't be maxing out ALL the settings but I am very curious of how it will turn out.

Also, when setting up does it require anything special like Eyefinity does with the display port cable?

Solution
Yes it will work. I don't know how easy it is to set up, but definitely you'll be needing to turn settings way down. The 768mb VRAM will limit texture size and you probably will have to forgo AA to say the least. Still, I've seen it running at computer stores with a single 6870 so at least you're way ahead of that.
Yes it will work. I don't know how easy it is to set up, but definitely you'll be needing to turn settings way down. The 768mb VRAM will limit texture size and you probably will have to forgo AA to say the least. Still, I've seen it running at computer stores with a single 6870 so at least you're way ahead of that.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.