Sign in with
Your question
Closed

New HDD to preview Windows 8?

Last response: in Motherboards
August 1, 2012 4:44:07 PM

Hello,
Here is my current set-up CM storm scout, Gigabyte Ga-Z77X-UD3H, I5-3570 3.4 GHz, Corsair 2x2 GB 1600MHz Ram, Radeon HD 5770 VGA, OCZ 600W PSU.
I have two old and one new hard drives. My windows xp 32 bit ran two seagate barracuda 500GB hard drives.

Can I do a clean install of Windows 8 - 64 bit on a brand spanking new 2 TB seagate barracuda? Would I be able to copy or run Steam games and Diablo 3 from my older hard drives?

I imagined I would be able to use both my primary and secondary drives from windows xp as slave drives. Then access the files and folders. My only suggestion is I need to try different modes of hard disk support through the UD3H 3D BIOS settings.

More about : hdd preview windows

Best solution

a c 716 V Motherboard
August 1, 2012 5:25:07 PM

vicioushunter said:
Can I do a clean install of Windows 8 - 64 bit on a brand spanking new 2 TB seagate barracuda? Would I be able to copy or run Steam games and Diablo 3 from my older hard drives?

Yes, you can can have separate drives for the OS and Steam. Lots of folks have a dedicated Steam SSD (drive). Windows 8 isn't ready for prime time quite yet for gaming. I would probably recommend the latest BIOS (UEFI) to 'hopefully' get all of the Windows 8 GUI to work properly.
August 1, 2012 5:31:04 PM

OK. It seems my bios is from March. I'll do some research on the most reset BIOS version. After I flash the BIOS I'll try again and see if I can detect my older 2 hard drives and their contents.
Score
Related resources
August 7, 2012 9:00:11 PM

Best answer selected by vicioushunter.
Score
a c 328 V Motherboard
August 7, 2012 9:05:10 PM

This topic has been closed by Nikorr
Score
!