Best Micro ATX Motherboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Hi, i have a mid case that supports micro ATX motherboards,

Form factor: microATX - 24.4 cm (9.6 inches) x 24.4 cm (9.6 inches)

can you please help me to find a good motherboard for gaming with this specifications? i have been searching but i dont find anything :s

Solution
When using two graphics cards it's a good idea to leave at least one empty slot-width of space between dual-slot width graphics cards so that the primary graphics card can get enough cooling air. Micro-ATX form factor motherboards are not the ideal choice when using multiple graphics cards because everything is crammed together into a small space.

The GIGABYTE G1.Sniper M3 is a Micro-ATX form factor motherboard that leaves an empty slot-width of space between dual-slot width graphics cards if you're willing to upgrade to a new CPU.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128551
G

yes actually right now i only have one, thats the reason why i want to change to a better MB, with usb 3.0 and at least 2 GPU but i cant find anything good :(

When using two graphics cards it's a good idea to leave at least one empty slot-width of space between dual-slot width graphics cards so that the primary graphics card can get enough cooling air. Micro-ATX form factor motherboards are not the ideal choice when using multiple graphics cards because everything is crammed together into a small space.

The GIGABYTE G1.Sniper M3 is a Micro-ATX form factor motherboard that leaves an empty slot-width of space between dual-slot width graphics cards if you're willing to upgrade to a new CPU.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128551

Solution
I would agree with DarkOutlaw ^

The HP case does not look like it has sufficient ventilation to support any strong graphics card, let alone two.

For gaming, the graphics card is the most important component.
The i5-650 which is installed may well be ok with a good graphics card.

But... the 250w psu that was included will be insufficient for anything decent. A 7750 MIGHT work if the psu is of sufficient quality.
I would not count on it though.

Since budget is not an issue, I suggest a new build.

At two different levels, you could use a I3-2120 with an upcoming GTX66?? card, and spend about $300.
Or, for the very best, a 3570K and a GTX670 for $600.

G

thank you very much for your answer, you give me a link to a good motherboard with usb 3.0 and actually i learned that is impotant to leave some space for cooling, and plus i will be able to keep my case wich i like, also thanks everyone for the help provided, i learn a lot from you guys :bounce:

Status
Not open for further replies.